Mag question

Info, pictures, advice...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mag question

Post by manicmechanic »

I'm doing the decosmoing of the 64 and I was making sure I was familiar with the mag dis and assembly, couldn't seem to get the mag spring pig tail to seat into the floor plate. Any suggestions or tricks out there for a newbie CZAKer?
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Mag question

Post by dolang1 »

Manicmechanic, Not trying to be a smart alec, but I tried to put a spring in backwards and had a hard time. A little swearing and turning the spring around fixed it. Later Don
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mag question

Post by manicmechanic »

That wasn't it, I was making sure the tail end was on the correct side, it just doesn't slip into the groove of the floor plate. I tried tapping it in the palm of my hand like after you load them up, and using an awl thru the hole in the back of the mag at the bottom, just won't slide into place. I'm wondering if I may need to tweak the spring alittle into that direction?
b52stan

Mag question

Post by b52stan »

Manic, why did you take the mag apart? Don't know anyone who has been here for awhile that has had to do that. The original mags all work just fine.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mag question

Post by manicmechanic »

Just wanted to make sure no crap was down in there, ya just never know what can be left in there after 33 years. I usually clean out my mags atleast once a year, run a brush or rag with cleaner, followed with a very lightly oiled or silicon rag.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Mag question

Post by normsutton »

manicmechanic
Before you put the mage floor plate back on put the spring tail in the hole then slide the floor plate back on till you get to the hole then press down on the spring tail , not in but down,slide floor plate past the hole let go of spring slide floor pate to its end

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mag question

Post by manicmechanic »

Thanks Norm!! 8-)
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mag question

Post by manicmechanic »

Finished the decosmoing of the CZAK and got the mag back together no problem, thanks again Norm ;D. Did notice a number behind the mainspring on the frame, mine is 152253, anyone notice this # before or know what is represents?

Well, she's ready for the range, now just need to make the time for it hopefully sometime this week. I did add a small strip of 3M Safety-Walk to the front strap, I've done this to my XD40, P220, and 9mm Hi-Power, I really liked the added grip feel when I did this to the others. I'll report after the range visit and go from there as far as possible spring swaps, probably do atleast the 20# recoil spring, but we'll see how she feels stock first. 8-)
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mag question

Post by garry »

Stock is great !! stock is a baseline to which all other mods are measured. it would be silly to mod first and then try to figure it out. G