Mary Land gun laws

Info, pictures, advice...
truth

Mary Land gun laws

Post by truth »

You know, it's kind of funny....You must wait a week or so to get your paid for hand gun in Maryland. How simple it would be to go to Wal-Mart and get a scatter-gun, shells, a hack saw, clothes line cord, and a long coat in one visit. Then saw stock at grip, tie on cord, saw barrel, take out plug, load, sling over shoulder, put on coat You can really cover some ground????.......... Do you really need to wait a week for a concealable hand gun????? I think not!!
115grfmj

Mary Land gun laws

Post by 115grfmj »

Here in NJ. You have to first apply for your Firearms ID card, which is 90 days(if your lucky), provide two refrences (Which they DO call), pay 50 bucks. After thats through, you can then apply for the Pistol Purchase Permit, additional 5 buck, and 1 week (Permits only good for one gun, or 90 days). Then your free to go shopping........BTW all fed laws still apply too.
zbysiu23

Mary Land gun laws

Post by zbysiu23 »

In Illinois one has to be "registered gun owner" that means you have to present so called FOID card that you have to apply ahead of time 2-8 weeks than after you pay wait 72 hours...well sometimes its just the pain on the neck and this is as liberall I can go l..if they push it more I'll make my own weapons..
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mary Land gun laws

Post by garry »

Here in MO, there is a 7 day waiting period and is ten bucks, takes 3 mins. to complete short form then pick up your permit to transfer and go buy your favorite gun ! it truly is not a hassle and you can then buy any handgun you want . i know there is a time limit before it expires , perhaps 6-10 days. it works out ok and the real hassle is in the gunshow buys, but there is a loophole that lets them sell with a "Quick check" over the phone takes ten mins.
magicdoc

Mary Land gun laws

Post by magicdoc »

here in Louisiana you fill out a form, they make a 2 minute phone call and you are out the door in 5 minutes. Though a lot about this state sucks, we are very gun friendly.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Mary Land gun laws

Post by anjdrifter »

In Delaware walk in quick call to state and feds and out the .
door the carry permit is a little more hassel since it is not a shall issue.. as an ex NJ resident I remember the hassle it was there even to buy ammo... also lived in Kentucky and if remember right it was a pretty simple walk in time for weapons but havent lived there for a lot of years..
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Mary Land gun laws

Post by space »

In NH, just walk into store, pay money and walk out with your new handgun.

If you want a CCW, just head over to the Police station and pay $10 for your CCW and pick it up the next day. If you can pass a NICS check they must give you one.

LIVE FREE OR DIE (It's on our license plates...)
truth

Mary Land gun laws

Post by truth »

Why a week, wait when you can go to Wal-Mart as described above??
drogers

Mary Land gun laws

Post by drogers »

Why a week, wait when you can go to Wal-Mart as described above??
But can you pocket carry a Walmart Special ? ;D ;D
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mary Land gun laws

Post by garry »

Walmart in MO and KS don't sell handguns just rifles and black powder.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mary Land gun laws

Post by himmel »

I recall it took me longer to get out of Wal-mart after buying a single-shot bolt-action .22 youth rifle than it did to get out of the gunshop after buying a semi-auto milsurp handgun. The carry permit helps here in Texas, they don't even make the insta-check NCIC call if you present it--but then, the call only takes a couple of minutes anyway... At any rate, I resolved that that was the last firearm I would buy from Wal-mart
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mary Land gun laws

Post by himmel »

BTW, I see Truth's point, it's one we've all made-- A bad guy can, with just a little elbow grease and a hacksaw, get himself a concealable, deadly weapon without jumping thru any of the "waiting period" hoops that are supposedly designed to keep concealable, deadly weapons out of the hands of... bad guys!
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Mary Land gun laws

Post by rlj102468 »

The vast majority of gun laws only affect law abiding people. I can buy a gun anywhere around where I work at night from a guy on the corner, I've seen it done. In Fl. w/ a permit, it only takes a few minutes to get a gun, no wait. I hated the wait when I bought my first, but I can almost see the reason for it. If someone was that pissed off at another person, they could find a way to get rid of them without a gun!
C-Ya, Bobby J.
Last edited by rlj102468 on March 29th, 2007, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Mary Land gun laws

Post by papabear »

Residents of Ky, with or without a carry permit, all you have to do is pick out the handgun or rifle you want, fill out the form and if call-in is ok walk out with your selection, short and sweet....... ;D

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
truth

Mary Land gun laws

Post by truth »

I still wonder, Just what is the week "cool-down" period for?? What events took place that prove this week wait to be effective to law makers?? Any thoughts?? A sawed off shotgun with little wait is a hell of a weapon...