New (to me) P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
losingle

New (to me) P-64

Post by losingle »

Received my P-64 from Warsaw Arms in Oregon today. Came with a tool (?) and 5 mags. I'd say its in very good condition. Since I've read this entire forum, nothing really surprised me about it. Trigger pull da is bout worst I've seen and I have a LC9. Sa is mushy and too soft. I have a set of wolff springs on the way. I really like the design and aesthetics of the p-64, I hope I can get operation as good as it looks. Soaked it in Ballistol, got it cleaned up along with the mags, cycling fiocchi, functioning the way it should. Range when the weather warms up. Had a cheap blackhawk iwb holster that fit it. (flapped doodad came with it) LC9 holster to big (trigger guard lc9). Have not found a source for parts. Worried bout that. Had a bulgy makarov and was able to get a complete spare part kit from milsurp, not such luck with the P-64. Like the z-grips and will have money order going to Shawn tomorrow. Like this forum, lotta useful info here. Mags had me snowed until found it here. Would post a pic, but don't see the option.
Transport

Re: New (to me) P-64

Post by Transport »

Ahoy!

Welcome aboard! I think you will find a big improvement on the DA and SA with the replacement springs.

Handloads are a way to shoot on the cheap too. Plus you have the added lower recoil also.

Let us all get a range report from you when you get the chance, my P64 is a tack driver for sure.

Transport out
losingle

Post by losingle »

First time shoot, 6 rnd x 5 mags x 3 loads = 90 down range.
:lol: Good: No failures, accurate gun, surprised me with no flyers even with the poor da first shot.
:cry: Not so good: Don't know what to do about the trigger. DA is so hard but SA is soft, recoil double tap do to my lazy trigger finger. I think I can get used to the SA, maybe the DA will come around with use.
Overall: Think its a keeper, mebbe even my ccw after couple more range visits.

How does one post pics on this forum?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Here's how you post photos.

Click on full editer button on the bottom and then use the browse button to go to the pic on your pc.

Use add file button and repeat if multiple pics.

Do a preview to review and then submit.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
magnum42069

Post by magnum42069 »

A set of 17/22 lb. Springs from Wolff are totally necessary! And a Hogue Handball Jr. too!
losingle

Post by losingle »

I think I ordered 18/22 from Wolf was shipped yesterday. I'm not the first owner and I truly don't know what springs are in this gun. When the springs arrive I'll mess with it until I like it. The Hogue jr arrived but liked it so much I stuck it on my lc9. Will order another. The web of my hand is sore from the 90 rnd down range. But the recoil is not as bad as a lot of other small pistols. Its not a fun range gun, but I bought it as a concealable and its a nice looking pistol.