The Polish Police just bought 10,000 new pistols.

Info, pictures, advice...
EMS

The Polish Police just bought 10,000 new pistols.

Post by EMS »

The Polish Police just bought 10,000 new Walther P99 pistols.
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... id%3D10711

The good news is that a lot of ex-police P-64 and P-83 pistols will be available on the US market in 2014. The bad news is that it might be the last large batch of P-64 to hit the US market.
The Polish Police is 100 thousand strong and including this purchase they bought a total of 90 thousand 9x19 Parabellum pistols after the fall of communism in 1989.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: The Polish Police just bought 10,000 new pistols.

Post by Curly1 »

Good news, hopefully they will find there way here.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
spike6970

Post by spike6970 »

Boy, I'm ready to buy another P-64 or two !!! :lol:
Wiki

Post by Wiki »

I wonder what years they will be?
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

Awesome news. I'm going to do something crazy and buy 10. I have two and love them. I own a lot of guns, yet my more worn P64 rides in that holster most days. Why? Supremely comfortable to carry and it has never, ever malfunctioned. Rather unlike the Kahr PM9 that I had and got rid of.
dalek

Post by dalek »

Legally Armed wrote:Awesome news. I'm going to do something crazy and buy 10. I have two and love them. I own a lot of guns, yet my more worn P64 rides in that holster most days. Why? Supremely comfortable to carry and it has never, ever malfunctioned. Rather unlike the Kahr PM9 that I had and got rid of.
Heresy! Next thing you will say that 1911s jam. :mrgreen:
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

dalek wrote:
Legally Armed wrote:Awesome news. I'm going to do something crazy and buy 10. I have two and love them. I own a lot of guns, yet my more worn P64 rides in that holster most days. Why? Supremely comfortable to carry and it has never, ever malfunctioned. Rather unlike the Kahr PM9 that I had and got rid of.
Heresy! Next thing you will say that 1911s jam. :mrgreen:
well in fairness i own three 1911's and have never had one jam, not even my little springfield EMP (and if any would jam, i would think it would be a one-off sort-of commander 9mm)... that said, i'd trust one of my makarovs over one of my 1911's any day of the week... :evilgrin: (i've done ridiculous things to makarovs to try to make them fail, have never succeeded. mix and match slides, frames, and mags from maks built decades apart in different parts of the world, then load with the cheapest garbage ammo i can find? they laughed at me.)

on the kahr vs the p64, man, that was a bad buy. i had been carrying a p64 regularly, thought hey i should upgrade cartridge, a pm9 is the same size. kahr jammed every damn time at the range, and failed my "shoot it exactly as you have been carrying it, without unloading then reloading it or anything" test. my carry p64 has passed that test every time i have done it, and refuses to fail me. i've given up trying to replace carrying it and have concluded i just need a lot of spares for when it wears out :D
dalek

Post by dalek »

Friend of mine bought a new Hi Point. It Jammed a lot and he sent it to factory to be fixed. So, he thought, "it must be because it is a cheap gun." So he sold it to me, who could not make it jam, and bought a new 1911, which jammed and had feeding issues. So he sent it to the factory to be fixed. I think it now has less issues. But then he bought a new Sig 238... which jammed and had FTF issues, so he sent it out to be fixed.

I wonder if it is just him...

Now if you think a kahr is bad, may I interest you in a Jennings? But, let's not beat around the bush, shall we? Oh no, we will ignore the .22 and go right into their 9mm with its trademark crack-slide-in-half trick. :lol:
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Maybe he is limp wristing.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

...that, or using junk ammo, not cleaning it properly, or some combination thereof.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Jenning’s has heavy slides that need good ammo to cycle. I bought a 32 cal Jenning for $20 from a guy who said it jammed all the time. All it took to fix it was a box of decent ammo.
bembry

Post by bembry »

Cool--I need another P-64--mine is too pretty to carry. Really.

I need another P-83 too. I think those are some of the unsung hidden treasures of the 9x18 shooters. I love mine.
My 9x18s:
Radom P-64
CZ-82
Bulgarian PM
FEG PA-63
P83 "Wanad"
magnum42069

Post by magnum42069 »

I believe allowing guns in from economically depressed countries is a form of stealth foreign aid. Romania, Poland, Turkey etc. Rewards "friends".
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

I don't think you understand what "economically depressed" is if you are comparing Poland to Romania. Poland has a strong, vibrant economy. While far from perfect, they are a very modern country (yes, I have been there several times, among many other places in Europe).
losingle

Post by losingle »

Economically depressed like Detroit or Chicago? Where citizens could really use a p-64.