Is my P64 operating correctly?

Info, pictures, advice...
Squeezer

Is my P64 operating correctly?

Post by Squeezer »

I noticed something about the operation of my P64 and want to know if it is supposed to operate this way.

With no magazine in the gun, no round in the chamber, and safety on, if I rack the slide backward and then slowly guide the slide forward to close, the slide stops about 1/4" before closing and I have to push a little harder to get it to close. If I rack it open and closed very quickly it closes fully as expected. is this normal operation?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Is my P64 operating correctly?

Post by Curly1 »

Does it function correctly at the range?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Wiki

Post by Wiki »

Yup, Everything is good. It just takes a lot of spring to break the hammer loose in safe mode. It will do the same thing with a mag and one in the chamber and a mag inserted.
I'm easy with mine also.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Squeezer,
I wondered the same thing myself. Any auto-loader is supposed to operate at full speed, in other words, if you slowly let the slide return to breech many will stop just a little short. Mine does the same thing, As long as it operates correctly when you're firing it I wouldn't worry about.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
magnum42069

Post by magnum42069 »

Don't I repeat DON'T. rack the slide and let it fall unimpeded on an empty chamber! Extractor damages barrel. There was thread about barrel damage in the past. Mine came with said damage. I figured out where it came from upon inspection.