P 64 slide jammed

Info, pictures, advice...
tojunima

P 64 slide jammed

Post by tojunima »

I was attemting to disassemble for the first time and when I was pulling slide back and pulling up and away it slipped and the slide is now partially elevated and will not move forward or back. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
fully machined

Re: P 64 slide jammed

Post by fully machined »

Rock the slide back and forth while gently pulling back and pushing forward. The slide could be off one of rails on one side.
tojunima

Post by tojunima »

Thank you for the suggestion the slide will not budge either way. Other than the rail could something have become engaged.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

OK first thing is first. You said it slipped, you need to do something to fix you grip. Best thing for the job is a tight fitting pair of shooting gloves. If you don't has those you should consider getting some. Or you can use tight fitting work or winter gloves with some texture and grip.

Double check that the Trigger Guard is still pulled down out of the Frame.

Next don't forget you have two arms. It will give you double the force if push the frame forward while pulling the slide back.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
tojunima

Post by tojunima »

Was able to unjam by placing the end of the slide on the table and pushing down.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

tojunima wrote:Was able to unjam by placing the end of the slide on the table and pushing down.
I hope it wasn't your wife's good table! :shock:
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
PA-Joe

Post by PA-Joe »

There is a little pin in the rail channel. Watch that sometime they come out a little and can catch the slide on the way down.