Tricked into # 6

Info, pictures, advice...
b52stan

Tricked into # 6

Post by b52stan »

Went to pick up my '76 auction purchase, which I stole. It's one of the nicest I have. Asked if he had any Maks, as in German, Bulgarian, etc, and he said he might have a Polish Mak that had been in the safe a long time.

He pulls out the original box with a '67, flat grips, and TWO matching mags. Still had the import tag on it, and was 100% plus. Nicest I've seen.

Well,I had to ask how much, didn't I? When he said $150 out the door, my wallet jumped out of my pocket and emptied itself.

That's not all. Asked if he had any of the old Barnaul, and he said no. Saw a CASE of the extinct Barnaul 95 gr HP behind the counter, and he was glad to let me take a bunch off his hands, especially since he didn't think it was Barnaul.

What a day! Broke but happy.

Stan
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Tricked into # 6

Post by nbender »

Stan, I'm living my life vicariously through all the fun you're having! Congratulations. Barnaul - the blue box with the one-armed shooter? Always had a great reputation.
b52stan

Tricked into # 6

Post by b52stan »

Nbender,
That's the one he had. Boxes came out of the case looking brand new. Knew they had a good rep, and was just gonna ask you what was so good about them.

I did review your testing, and liked the velocity and SD, and wondered if they were known to be a good carry round. I also have a small supply of th extinct Fiocchi 90 gr HP, and of course the Hornady. And can't forget the Jin An Hardball.

What say you?

Stan
truth

Tricked into # 6

Post by truth »

LET'S SEE A PIC OF THIS....

original box with a '67, flat grips, and TWO matching mags. Still had the import tag on it, and was 100% plus. Nicest I've seen.
b52stan

Tricked into # 6

Post by b52stan »

You'll have to come here to see it, Truth. Never got into those newfangled things like digital cameras, cell phones, etc.

Getting a computer 2 or three yrs ago was a stretch.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Tricked into # 6

Post by nbender »

Getting a computer 2 or three yrs ago was a stretch.
I like your style Stan, never give in. How did you fly those things anyway, were they all analog?

The Barnaul was appreciated for it's consistency - there just weren't reports of light primers and squibs. I don't speak much to what's a carry round. Everybody should do their own research.

That Fiocchi HP is pretty wierd stuff - you've looked at the HP opening - it's really small. Didn't seem to expand for me. Makarov.com called it a +P round, and it sure makes a Big Bang, but I couldn't tell that it was over powered. So personally, I don't care for it much, but that's stepping outside my box a bit.
b52stan

Tricked into # 6

Post by b52stan »

Nbender, my last job after flying the BUFF was the B-52 Mod. Program Manager at Tinker AFB OK, and yea, alot of it was converting all the systems to digital, besides modifying the latest H model BUFFS to use conventional weapons instead of Nukes only.

I had a computer in my office, but never moved a key. It had a good clock on the screen, though. LOL. My Engineers and GS-12 and 13 Logistics people did all that computer stuff. This was 1983-1988.

Thanks for the ammo info. At least I'm stocked up for now, and can give some to my 4 Polish kids for their P-64's. Three more to hand out, but let's see, that will only leave two for me. Guess I better get back to shopping!

Stan
Last edited by b52stan on March 22nd, 2007, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Tricked into # 6

Post by carguy »

Adopt me? 8~)