6+1 will magazine feed OK?

Info, pictures, advice...
Tonk302

6+1 will magazine feed OK?

Post by Tonk302 »

I have had a P64 for several years but carry it with 5 in the mag and one chambered.
I have concerns about the mag feed reliability
Dose 6+1 work OK
Any experiences with this?

Also considering appendix carry - is this different from an inside the waist band carry?

Thanks
Dennis

Re: 6+1 will magazine feed OK?

Post by Dennis »

6+1 works fine for me. : :D
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

I load all my hand guns to full capacity including my three P-64s. Have never had a problem with feed. Even on the mags that have been loaded awhile.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Works for me also.

Take it to the range and try out a hundred rounds in your mags +1 in the chamber to test.

I carry in 3 or 4 o'clock position IWb or OWB holsters.

Anything in front of the 3 o'clock position for me is uncomfortable when sitting.

Welcome to the forum
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Tonk302 wrote:I have had a P64 for several years but carry it with 5 in the mag and one chambered.
I have concerns about the mag feed reliability
Dose 6+1 work OK
Any experiences with this?
Yes, works just fine assuming there is nothing wrong with your magazine. If it's not feeding round #6, then there's an issue. ...probably the spring.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

I use 6+1 in mine & have never had a problem.

"Also considering appendix carry - is this different from an inside the waist band carry?" Appendix carry is a form of inside the waistband carry. I use it with some guns, but have never tried it with a P64. I am rt handed, but due to a bad hip & back from an injury, I carry in a left handed holster, to the left of the small of my back.