OT Thread Knob Creek Maching Gun Shoot Info

Info, pictures, advice...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

This is starting to sound like the Three Musketeers on their way to Knob Creek, I'll be staying in Brandedburg just west of West Point, and I'll be coming up in my truck so I can haul more stuff home.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

+1 Papabear that is why I am driving down (just under 800. miles),, big problem now is do I take my explorer or jeep liberty ...have to check cubic footage capacity...
by the way Brandenburg is about 1/2 or less to west point.
Last edited by anjdrifter on March 22nd, 2007, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Al,

Half or less what? ;D

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

papabear I am so confused as what to drive I meant 1/2 hour to 20 minutes... you knew that you just picking on me...
hey got a naa mini today with the holster grip and the two cyclinders...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Now would I do a thing like that, picking on big guy like you..... ::) Well my cousin wants to take his Jeep Cherokee up there so I guess I'll have to cut down on what all I buy, but he does have racks the roof, I think.

NAA Mini, .22lr & mag, hummm, and you got the holster grip that makes it a lot easier to shoot. I had a NAA Mini in 22mag, shot better than I thought it would, had it about 4 mos and sold it at a show here, back year and half ago, for $175. Put that money on a Victory Lend Lease 5" still have the Victory.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I just did the map quest and found out that this Knob Creek event is right at Ft. Knox area. That's where I did my basic training at in 1982. Anyway it is'nt far from Dayton , Ohio. If I bring my wife down on saturday can we just watch the show? Are there many folks just there to watch rather than to actually shoot?If so how much does it cost just to get in? Is there a swap meet to buy ammo and such? Is it located on Ft. Knox. I saw films of the night shoot on youtube and think my wife would like that as well as me. I could come down saturday, probably stay in a hotel ,not camp. Are all you forum members going to rally via cell phone contacts or what is your plan?
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Yes so far we have exchanged cells. One of members is camping at KC.... Papabear and I are staying at same hotel in Brandenburg Ky.(about 20 from KC) Radcliff area booked up at least for the ones you would stay at.. elizabethtown is a little to far out ,Sheppardsville is also about 20 to 30 minutes lot of choices there. right on same Hyway as shoot. the shoot is half way between Louisville and Ft Knox it is in West Point.. yes they have a lot of tables for stuff.. you can just go for shoot on Sat nite there is a link here for Knob Creek it will tell you all you need to know.. Where walking shoes parking is about mile from gate..
here is link www.machinegunshoot.com/shootinfo.htm
Last edited by anjdrifter on April 3rd, 2007, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I assume there is lots of food and drink venders at the event?
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I am sure... hey you are in KY might have Kentucky fried rabbit..or squirrel...

anybody else from here planning on going...
Last edited by anjdrifter on April 3rd, 2007, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I think I read that Papabear and Grayfox are gonna be there. I just called my wife and she said she'd be into it if its not gonna be rainy and nasty. We'd just be there on saturday though.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

I think I read that Papabear and Grayfox are gonna be there. I just called my wife and she said she'd be into it if its not gonna be rainy and nasty. We'd just be there on saturday though.
It cost ten dollars to get in each day, but sat night is the big one. Try to get on the roof of the club if you can. Its mostly familys and kids. If you shoot, you can pay to shoot, but its more fun to watch. Plenty of food, and it will take you all day to go thru the selling area. Ammo sells out fast, but its a once in a lifetime thing. When the sat night shoot starts, you think your in ww3.
papabear and others have my cell number. Hope to meet all that go.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

My wife Said she would rather i took a son-in-law or a friend, she'd rather stay home. Oh Darn !

i might just drive down alone. i don't work , so i can stay as long as i like and camp in my van with the futon as long as my back will stand it. It would be an honor to meet y'all there and "hang out" in person, you guys have been really helpful and nice and I'd like to personally thank you guys.
(especially the Veterans. ) Hopefully you Vets will wear some of your medals and decorations so we can spot you in the crowd and thank you personally for making this country Great !! (and free to shoot at gatherings like this !!)
I bet this machine gun shoot will get as big or bigger than the Bristol Night Race ! heehee

anyways i want to meet up with you guys and i will show my Email address in my profile this week and hope y'all will include me in meeting if i come down there. Thanks ! G
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

That's great news Garry. It's cool that some of us will be there. I had a scare yesterday, I broke one of my little toes and I thought " oh no, now I won't be able to go" but it is not as bad as I thought, I am able to go to work on it and I'm limping along pretty good. I have over a week more to heal so I should be good to go.
Last edited by redfestiva on April 6th, 2007, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Redfestiva, Yes indeed it is all up to whether i come alone or not ! i got yer # =Thanks and i will spend the week trying to plot my course and figure out whether to camp there or elsewhere. i will be in my van so i can find someplace . i have alot of planning to do, so i am logging off now and will check this thread very soon again to try and meet up with y'all !! G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Also Thanks Grayfox ! same as above note to you ! G