P-64 in news article

Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

P-64 in news article

Post by redfestiva »

I was googling P-64 and found this old news article that involved a P-64 handgun and road age. I thought I'd share it with the forum.
http://www.newsregister.com/news/result ... _no=197518
Last edited by redfestiva on March 16th, 2007, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 in news article

Post by nbender »

Wave a pistol at someone, go to jail.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 in news article

Post by papabear »

Sometimes I say, "Well, and other times I say, "Well Hell", makes you wonder what he was thinking. He [both-'em] had a I-D-10 -T problem. ;D

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on March 17th, 2007, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 in news article

Post by garry »

i have been ran off the road numerous times while trying to pass semi trucks when they were riding side by side and menacing other small vehicles and in Missouri it is legal to carry your gun on the dash in plain site as long as it is UNLOADED. The news story did not mention in what manner the trucker approached the car or if he had a tire beater or other weapons in hand. If that trucker would have seen a weapon in plain site his approach might have been a bit more polite. Sounds like the trucker messed with the wrong kid and was lucky to leave the scene alive. These days it is unsafe to even make eye contact with some other drivers. The reporters are looking for stories like this and will have the Legal Permit Carriers crucified in the press before he knew what happened. A reporters favorite attention getting headline is -"police would not confirm whether firearms and alcohol or drugs were involved." Sounds to me like the trucker instigated this deal. He should have stayed in the truck and let the law approach the man and NOT take the law into his own hands? also sounds like the car driver felt very threatened . hard call and i DO NOT want to start any arguments but i know that if you pull a gun, you should only do so as a last resort after all civilized approaches have failed. we will not hear the Legal gun permit carriers version of this but it sounds like he is already convicted to hear the news report. Irresponsible reporting has got people killed before . We are all better off to obey the law and drive correctly to help avoid road rage . an armed society is a ..... nobody likes a bully. i am sure sorry if my opinion is waay out there . i have been a victim and been the "mad guy" and neither are worth the danger they caused or the feelings that are permanently hurt. PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY AND WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER GUY . IT MAY BE A FRIEND OR RELATIVE THAT YOU ARE HURTING. I will be anxious to hear what the outcome of the Legal gun permit carrier's court case. G
steve98664

P-64 in news article

Post by steve98664 »

I don't support road rage, obviously, however something doesn't sound right about a truck driver getting out of his vehicle.

I wouldn't point a loaded firearm at someone unless it was life threatening.

I would never get out of my vehicle and confront a driver for a maneuver, no matter how bad the driving. It is just too risky as mentioned above. If the truck driver did that, I'm likely to question his motivation and actions just as much as the offender.

I would like to know more details on this. It really doesn't matter that it was a P64, Bersa 380, or whatever.

I think truck driver skills have been on the decline as they drive experienced skilled truckers out of that industry. Just my opinion since in the Portland metro area where this occurred, I have seen numerous big rig problems.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think that LE places too much confidence in licensed truck drivers over civilian drivers. The idea was seriously posed a few years back for truck drivers to police the public handing out citations! As mentioned, I believe that overall skill level is declining based on my personal observations over the past few years for big rig operators.

That said, we all depend on big rig guys to guard our safety with proper operation of their equipment. Civilian cars are getting smaller, but rigs are not. In Oregon, big rigs can have their normal trailer plus 2 more so lane violations are more common. When I see a 3 trailer rig, I stay clear!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 in news article

Post by normsutton »

steve
I don't support road rage, obviously, however something doesn't sound right about a truck driver getting out of his vehicle.

I agree with steve

in my book thats a good way to get shot

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
drogers

P-64 in news article

Post by drogers »

People have to keep a good perspective on these situations. One must remember "if it angers you it controls you". It is not always easy to keep a perspective that keeps one in control , as opposed to being controled by the situation.

I would like to know the full details of this story.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 in news article

Post by space »

I like the fact that they called this a "highly concealable pistol" but they seemed to think that was a bad thing.

Also they said that "her office had amassed "a file cabinet full."" (of concealed weapons permits) like that was bad too.

He was lucky the truck driver wasn't armed. Pointing a gun at someone invites getting shot. Don't do it unless you are in fear of your life. He should have just let it sit on the dash. Or he could have told the driver that he was armed and that he should stop his approach.
truth

P-64 in news article

Post by truth »

He would have had to shoot me...Because an "old fashion ass whipping" would be next, just for pulling the gun. Lots of people can pull it and point it but few will pull the trigger. Who out there knows the real effects of 9x18 on human flesh, clothes, and bone?? Enough of wet paper and water, There must be some report of how effective this round is... For Real. This site is full of info, but what about the real deal??
redfestiva

P-64 in news article

Post by redfestiva »

I just watched a crime tv show where a woman was killed with a 22 cal so I think the little P- 64 would seal ones fate.
truth

P-64 in news article

Post by truth »

You know there have been studies done on all round...so who has the real deal on this round, it's kind of hard to believe no one on this site has used it or read about its true effect
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 in news article

Post by grayfox »

Well its more powerful than a 380 & I have seen a 380 stop a BG in his tracks. I think its more powerful than a 38sp (don't know for sure), but I have had to use the 38sp twice when in LE & it only took one rd each to drop the BG. It sure is not like TV, but when you hit the BG centermass, he isn't fighting much. In 22 years, I have seen a lot of homcides with a 22 or a 25, never seen anyone get "pissed off" after being shot. Thats an old wives tale.

Truth,
I agree wqith the ass whooping, but those days are over. I know a LOT of guys in the mts here that would shoot you just for the hell of it. I don't think I have ever seen the number of "mean" people here. They think nothing of burning down your house if you piss them off, and they sure as hell will shoot you over the least lil thing. I've lived with these people for the last 16 yrs, WP is what they live by.
Last edited by grayfox on March 17th, 2007, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truth

P-64 in news article

Post by truth »

Thank you for the real deal!! Any other ex L.E. or those that have witnessed the real effect of different rounds??
truth

P-64 in news article

Post by truth »

GrayFox,
I grew up in a very rural area, The lower Eastern Shore of Virginia.
As Back wards as it gets; I understand, very well, what it is like to take one to task for his or her actions. It is were I learned how quickly your ass can get whipped.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 in news article

Post by grayfox »

GrayFox,
I grew up in a very rural area, The lower Eastern Shore of Virginia.
As Back wards as it gets; I understand, very well, what it is like to take one to task for his or her actions. It is were I learned how quickly your ass can get whipped.
If you are a Virginian, then your ok in my book. I grew up outside of Roanoke in the blue ridge area. Back then we didn't have to worry about guns, you handled it man to man..& I got mine beat a few times ;)