Slide Question

Info, pictures, advice...
bjornsj89

Slide Question

Post by bjornsj89 »

This might be a dumb question, or it might not be. But I am wondering what the piece on the right of the slide on the backside of the action is (on a P64). It moves about an 1/8 of an inch. From the research I have done online, Sig Sauer is the only other firearm that has this feature (on its pistols). I have looked up exploded images, but none of them have given me a definitive answer as to what this part does/is. I am assuming it has to do with the extraction of the spent case. Can anyone clarify what this piece is for?
wlockridge

Re: Slide Question

Post by wlockridge »

You would be exactly right, it's the extractor plunger, it's item 26 or 27 on the parts list.
Attachments
P64_Parts_List.pdf
(149.94 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Slide Question

Post by Weasel640 »

Yes the is the extractor. It is actually a common design among the older semi-auto pistols. The PPK, PA-63, Makarov, Star-F, Croatian PHP, Astra Constable, and NAA Guardian all have that similar extractor design just to name a few. That is just one of may styles of extractors. The P-83, Beretta 92, CZ-82, etc have another similar style in the same location on the slide. The 1911 has it's extractor internal but also on the right hand side of the slide.

Saw your other post about the ammo. Keep in mind that snap caps are great to test functions like extraction, and practice you trigger pull while not wasting ammo.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.