Wolff Springs

Info, pictures, advice...
zbysiu23

Wolff Springs

Post by zbysiu23 »

Well,
I do not think you will get a straight answer here...
Get the grips off.. soak the parts even in gasoline for couple of hours...clean it dry it..
disessemble as much as you feel comfortable , get the finest sanding paper sane all the machined parts and surfaces as smooth as you can leave the snap edges though... get the wolff spring sets ...it does not matter 20 lb 22lb recoil ..really.. grind the ends of the springs flat..if you brave change the fireing pin spring to the highest poundidge your recoil spring is.. get the 18, 19 or 20 lb hammer spring trim it down to the more or less the original spring lenght grind the ends flat put it in and do not expect much of improvement since the same spring controlls the hammer and magazine if you ease to much your mag will fall out when you need it...and there is so much linkage in the trigger you will never make SIG out of it so keep the DA heavy as it will be no matter what ..the heavier the smoother in this case... SA trigger will be OK no matter what you do..play with it explore it ..you can not really breake it
order some cheap ammo from sportsmans guide or anywhere shoot couple hundreds rounds
..should be pretty accurate the recoils is as it is ans as is it will be so do not worry about your hand ... when the time comes hopefully you will not need to fire the gun that much...

Good Luck !!!
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Wolff Springs

Post by grayfox »

All of this is why I have left all of my P-64's stock. They work for me and I don't have to worry about which spring to use. Hell, I,m lucky to remember which gun to use.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Wolff Springs

Post by garry »

I agree with Grayfox on this one. i read on another forum where a S&W owner bought a hand grip exerciser to "build up his shootin' muscles ."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
i am glad i didn't pay $700 for a gun that i needed to work out just to shoot it !!! Mine is great~ as is !
why bother ?
Just shoot,clean,rinse,shoot,clean,rinse. Repeat until desired effect is achieved. IMO, [(:~)) G ( in case that smiley is hard to decipher, it is my ballcap and double chin.)
zbysiu23

Wolff Springs

Post by zbysiu23 »

We have to remember..p-64 is just a surplus gun.. and as a matter of fact it has a horrible opinion in Poland that is it james and misfires and is no reliable and I agree for the purpose it has served in Poland that is a truth.. it is a junk !!! yet this is because the P-64 was their primary weapon that often was locked at the station after duty dirty not cleaned (lonely he he !!)..they did not have any other choices ..no wander Poles hated it...
For us ..on the other hand it is just an addition backup packing gun... not a primary tool...
There are great combat and duty guns ... CZAK is not one of them...It is small powerfull yet far from perfect..well that is way we are the only people using it ..still as a back up gun ..for the money it is a great value in my opinion...
If I had the choice I would grab my S&W 66 ..revolver will shoot clean or dirty any ammo at any conditions I can throw a speedloader faster than we can change the clip on CZAK and I will be deadly and sure ...if the accuracy would be concern I grab my 44 mag 6 1/2 ported barrel shooting 44 sp. I can print smiley faces ar away...
Well the gun I can stick anywhere and do not care P64 will just do...
zbysiu23

Wolff Springs

Post by zbysiu23 »

THAT IS OFF COURSE ASIDE FROM ANY GOD COMBAT 9MM SEMI...
YOU CAN HARDLY BEAT 15 ROUNDS IN THE MAG....

than again revolver will shoot anything anytime ...
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Wolff Springs

Post by garry »

i see what you mean . i like revolvers too. G
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wolff Springs

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Saands,
Vermonter recently posted a previous reply to a string that you made regarding felt recoil with a heavier recoil spring in the P64. In that entry you noted that the HK spring tamed the recoil of your P64.
By HK did you mean Heckler & Koch, and what pound spring did you purchase? Your experience is greatly appreciated and I want one too. :)
saands

Wolff Springs

Post by saands »

The new Wolff Spring is the way to go. I like the 22#, but some have had trouble getting them installed. The 22# Wolff might be RIGHT at the limit of how much metal will fit into the P64 and small differences in P64s (or springs) could make it not fit ... I'm just guessing here. Anyway, the recoil spring for the Heckler & Koch P7 was close to the right size for the P64, but it was too long (required trimming) and a tad too big around (it rubbed and there was nothing that you could do to fix it). I DO NOT RECCOMEND the HK springs for the P64 ... especially since good alternatives now exist for the P64. It is my belief that the stiffer spprings reduce the felt recoil by absorbing more recoil energy before the slide impacts the frame ... the total recoil cannot be changed (if you are using the same ammo) but it can be spread out over a longer time (stiffer spring and more comfort) or it can be delivered in one nasty slap (old or weak spring and less comfort).

Bottom line ... if you want more recoil spring, go with the Wolff replacement that was designed for the P64 ... if you want to be sure that the spring will fit, order both the 20 and the 22 pound versions.

Hope this helps ...

Saands
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wolff Springs

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Saands,
Thank you for experience and insights, truly appreciated. I will order both springs this Monday. Thanks again.............. G.R.
benriquez

Wolff Springs

Post by benriquez »

why 20 and 22 pound? will 20 not fit as well as 22. I have th 20 pounder and it functions well or at least think so, no jam's after 150 rounds
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wolff Springs

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Just ordered a 22lb. recoil spring for my P64, also got a set of recoil and hammer springs for my Feg PA-63. Now I'm looking foreword to a few box's of 115gr. or 120gr. ammo to run through them. By the way is there anywhere in the bulletin board that explains how to replace the firing pin spring. Not sure how to go about it and would appreciate any information you might have to offer....... G.R. :)
saands

Wolff Springs

Post by saands »

The 20 fits BETTER than the 22 ... but it isn't as stiff. In my opinion (I respect those with differing opinions ... and there are many), the P64 is still undersprung even with the 22# recoil spring. I, therefore, choose the 22# but realize that it may be difficult (impossibe?) to install in some pistols so would recommend to those wanting a 22#, that they also get the 20#, just in case there are fit problems.

Saands
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wolff Springs

Post by duggi60 »

I just received two 20 lbs recoil springs & various hammer springs for my P 64s, is it completely neccessary to change the
firing pin spring or can it be done if a functioning problem does occur?
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wolff Springs

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I guess I may need to remove a portion of a coil if the fit is that snug, I don't see that as a problem for the pistols platform. Will give you a heads up when it arrives. Still looking for information regarding the firing pin spring replacement any help will be greatly appreciated............... G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Wolff Springs

Post by normsutton »

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage