First Gun

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: First Gun

Post by Ketchman »

Kimmaj,

I think you will find the recoil of the P-64 "snappier" with more of a suddenness to it, but not necessarily worse. If you have small hands it may actually be easier to handle than the Glock because it does fit your hands better. If both the Glock and the P-64 fit your hands about the same then I would say you would "feel" the P-64 more, but a tool that does not fit well in the hand is always more uncomfortable to use than one that fits well. And recoil between pistols that fire rounds that are not too dissimiliar is always based on perception and the user's definition of "heavy", "hard" or "soft". Once you get to shoot your new baby, let us know what you think of the recoil. I will be waiting to hear from you and welcome to "The Brotherhood" Sister! :hi:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

I took my P64 to the range a few trips back, just to keep in practice with it. The Range Master was very friendly and I let him shoot a few rounds from it and my CZ52. He was surprised by both the heavy DA (and I've got the lighter spring!) and the very snappy recoil. So much so that he talked another Range Master into shooting it. He put one round down the pipe and hated the recoil so much that he had to be talked into firing a second one in DA.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
rickn8or

Post by rickn8or »

Can't add much to what has already been said. The CZ-82 is a great gun, a lot of features for the money. It's on the ragged edge of being too big for concealed carry though.

For some reason, it (so far) has not caught on that well. The reason for that is (in my own personal opinion) is that for some reason the Czech's insisted on paint (blacking) for the finish instead of bluing or parkerizing.
novacz

Post by novacz »

the Czech's insisted on paint (blacking) for the finish instead of bluing or parkerizing.
Yeah, the finish on the 82s is prone to wear. It's surprising, because the finish on my other CZs are outstanding. I guess that the painted finish on the 82 was a cost-cutting measure.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yea cheapness is king everywhere in the world.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

Of course, my CZ-82 gets used the most because I don't have to worry about it getting scratched.