happy camper

Info, pictures, advice...
barnett3006

happy camper

Post by barnett3006 »

Nice p64 turbocat, I like that sight. Could that be the bead sight from a shotgun? From your pics it looks as if the rear sight blade has been removed so that your using the trough as your rear sight, is that so?
redfestiva

happy camper

Post by redfestiva »

turbocat,
You've got a fine lookin P-64 there. It's definately a keeper.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

happy camper

Post by grayfox »

I also like mine stock, haven't changed a thing except for zee grips. I now have two '74s & one '76. they all three shoot great. I still would like to have one with the round hammer, but prices are going up. I just went thru the whole Shotgun News and not one add for the P-64. I love my lil S&W mod 60, but I can shoot a lot better with the P-64. It is now my go everywere gun. To each his on reff ammo, but I like the power-ball 70gr bullet at 1300fps. If the first 7 don't do the job, then the second mag of fmjs should.
turbocat

happy camper

Post by turbocat »

http://i19.tinypic.com/2aey1ax.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/47byidj.jpg

the lower link is a photo taken off the internet. i guess it shows the normal rear sight. the top link is mine. notice that mine has a rounded channel while the other has a square base so the sight can be adjusted. mine has no such sight, but i can see what appears to be little plugs that can be knocked out to put a sliding sight in. the front sight does look like a shotgun front sight. when i aim, i just put the B-B on target and it naturally fills the rear channel. pretty neat and functional. at 7 yds its about 1 inch low. however this came about, it works for me. courious tho as it was listed as unfired. no importers marks have me baffled too.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

happy camper

Post by garry »

Perhaps it was configured for quicker draw? it sure seems as tho it was meant to be that way ! i will be interested in hearing if others have any more like yours !! who knows?, maybe there was a whole batch of them that were made for special carry uses? or better yet-- maybe you have some prototype ? VERY NEAT ! i sure like it ! G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

happy camper

Post by garry »

Wait until you take it out for some long distance shots !!! 50 yards is easy for this pistol ! man , these things are straight shooters ! it amazes me that they don't sell for HUNDREDS more than they do! they are suuuure worth it !! G