Range report and evaluation

Info, pictures, advice...
Transport

Range report and evaluation

Post by Transport »

Good Day! :hi:

The recently aquired P64 was taken to the local range and here is what I found out:

1. After reading all about others and thier experience with the P64 regarding accuracy, I found this
to be absolutley correct! This little pistol is a 'dinger' for sure! No matter what the distance- 3,5,7 15 or 25 yards, where ever I pointed the pistol it hit what I was aiming at! When using a sandbag rest all the holes were touching or extremely close in proximity to each other. 100 rounds of S&B were ran through 'her'.

2. Failure to Feed, Eject, Fire- None, nadda' this pistol runs like a T-34 tank.

3. I did not experince any problems with the slide "biting" into the webb of my hand, or trigger slap etc. Oh sure it was "snappy" with recoil, but I think it will be tamed down with replacement of a
22# recoil spring, and likewise a 18 # hammer spring.

4. When I make the changes to the springs, pick up an additional magazine, and trim down the safety detent spring, and re-test it, I would have no doubts I am sure of carrying this everyday as a back up or primary CCW.

My 2 cents worth.
rwingsfan

Re: Range report and evaluation

Post by rwingsfan »

Awesome range report. I am happy to say it echoes my experience also. I have been trying to decide which pistols to keep two of three, Bulgy Mak, FEG PA-63, or the P-64. I put #22 & 18 springs in the P-64 and I think its a little sweetheart.
Transport

Post by Transport »

Now with a second magazine from Classic Arms- it was a genuine "GI" mag btw, and I must say fast service for delivery! AND- replaced the Recoil Spring and Hammer Spring 22# and 18# respectfully from Wolff with equally fast service on delivery-even over a holiday weekend! This P64 was ready for a test fire.

Results were as follows- Recoil diminished, and DA trigger pull lightened considerably! This meant more rounds at POA. The second magazine funtioned perfectly!

Anyone who has not swapped out the original springs on the P64 should not worry about this proceedure.
It is easy and quick to do. If you are a recent owner of a P64, just do it, you will not regret it.
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

"Anyone who has not swapped out the original springs on the P64 should not worry about this proceedure.
It is easy and quick to do. If you are a recent owner of a P64, just do it, you will not regret it."

Course you might want to try it stock first. No point in fixing something that ain't broken! :D
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Great review.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Transport

Post by Transport »

Ahoy!

My initial range report with the new P64 was indeed with stock springs.

The follow up is that the new 22# recoil and the 18# hammer spring do make a big difference.
Recoil is tamed, and DA pull on the trigger is delightful now.

Transport out