Little help

Info, pictures, advice...
squat251

Little help

Post by squat251 »

Got into an argument with a buddy over weather or not 9mm luger would chamber. My buddy is an idiot and decided to try it to "prove me wrong" obviously it chambered, but since its so much longer I cannot for the life of me get it to eject. What is the safest way to get this stupid thing out of my otherwise perfect Radom?

WOW I am a moron, I did what you will likely tell me below, and fixed it my self. Put saftey on, pulled slide back lifted ejector and the round slid into the chamber, then I just pulled the slide off like normal. Funny how we miss the obvious things sometimes.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Little help

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum and glad you got it straightend out.

I would be pretty mad if he did that with out my permission because he would never have had permission to do it in the first place.

Maybe you should not have firearms in his presence for everyones safety.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
squat251

Post by squat251 »

It was at the range. As he was doing it I told him he should have taken the slide off, but he doesn't always use common sense. He is otherwise a very safe person, just had a little slip.
Never Enough Ammo

Post by Never Enough Ammo »

Well glad you go it figured out. As for your buddy the answer is rotating the pistol 180 degrees and applying thoroughly to the head and neck. I was once shooting with a friend and then went to the truck to get a box of ammo,and while I was gone he reloaded the mags for the pistol we where shooting,dummy jammed a .40SW halfway into my P64 mag. Took a pair of pliers to get it out,but surprisingly did not mess up the mag at all.
Life is hard,it's harder when you're stupid-John Wayne
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

Somewhat off topic, but still on the subject of things getting stuck in the chamber, a word of caution about plastic snap caps.

I recently had a plastic 9mm snap cap (dummy round) split and get seriously jammed in the chamber of my Walther P1, and it took some major effort to extract it. Hopefully no one else will experience that problem. For me it's lesson learned, I am sticking to the all metal ones from now on.
squat251

Post by squat251 »

from what I have gathered unless otherwise stated in the manual (or a revolver) most pistols don't need snap caps. Ruger recommends dry fire, and someone said that when he called colt about his 1911 they basically said it didn't matter.

That said, not all firearms are alike, I know that the consensus says not to dry fire a cz 52 though I haven't seen any 7.62x25 snappers anywhere either.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I just use snap caps in everything, easier to do that then try to remember which ones you can and can't.

I Have the CZ52 snap caps, I think I got em at Midway.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary