Which magazine is correct?

Info, pictures, advice...
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Which magazine is correct?

Post by Weasel640 »

Hank,

There is actually a thread for the "Do I have your mag" thing is the sticky section here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1572

The P-64 is a nice little pistol. Although I can conceal a Makarov very easily, I still prefer my P-64. Also it's more accurate than my Mak. You better get one while you can as they are drying up.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
p64haspummeledme

Re: Which magazine is correct?

Post by p64haspummeledme »

"older mags have a larger cut out for the slide stop, I think they changed mags when they changed the hammer. older mags will work in a newer gun, newer mags will not work in a older gun. you have to reshape the newer ones, to work in a older gun."

Quoting another member above, I believe his observations are absolutely correct. I have a 1967 P-64 that has the larger cut out magazine, serialized to the gun and it works fine. I have two spares, one with the larger cut out and one with the small cut out. The small cut out magazine creates a jam every single time I try to use it. I have another P-64 coming in the mail shortly, if it's a late model and the small cut out spare works in that one I will advise the forum.