Finally got to the range

Info, pictures, advice...
bear34

Finally got to the range

Post by bear34 »

to try out my new P64. It was smooth. Felt good in my hand and didn't bite my hand in the least after 50 rounds. I do need to do something with the sights, however. The range lighting wasn't great and I had a hard time with the dark sights on a the dark background of the target. I'm sure many of you have done something similar. Have any preferences as far as color? I'm thinking red in a three dot pattern.

Also, any opinions on CovertCarrier?
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Finally got to the range

Post by Ketchman »

Bear, glad you had a good range session. I prefer to have the front sight red and the rear in green. The color difference makes it easy to realize which is actually the front sight. I know this sounds funny but if the front and the rear are the same color it is not a far stretch to confuse the front for a rear and take a shot using the front sight as an outside rear, especially in a self defense situation. here is a link that shows what I do with my Taurus Slim 9 for example, you can see how easy it is for your eye to immediately decide which is front / rears. Hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4835#p46096
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

oh, and as for Covert carrier, if you want inside the waist band, Unckle Mikes #1, works great, fit's great and comfie! :D
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
bear34

Post by bear34 »

Ketchman wrote:Bear, glad you had a good range session. I prefer to have the front sight red and the rear in green. The color difference makes it easy to realize which is actually the front sight. I know this sounds funny but if the front and the rear are the same color it is not a far stretch to confuse the front for a rear and take a shot using the front sight as an outside rear, especially in a self defense situation. here is a link that shows what I do with my Taurus Slim 9 for example, you can see how easy it is for your eye to immediately decide which is front / rears. Hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4835#p46096

Thanks. I'll give the red and green a try. I'm really hoping to avoid a holster. Lots of people seem to like Clipdraw on this forum, but I like the idea of the Covert Carrier because I will only carry occasionally and it is easily removed.