New guy with some questions

Info, pictures, advice...
searcher36

Post by searcher36 »

Hello,
I just ran across this site tonight. I was wondering how many of you carry a P-64 for your concealed carry piece? I'm looking for a inexpensive carry gun. Right now its a toss up between the P-64 and PA-63. Any opinions?
Thanks in advance
Rob
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

It's all I carry! My Bulgie Mak is now my "house gun". Get the P-64, you won't regret it. It is way more reliable than the PA-63 and Wolff iGunsprings coming out with recoil/hammer springs this week!
Last edited by vermonter on March 5th, 2007, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

searcher36,

First of all, welcome aboard, glad to have you here. This is a great site with tons of info and suggestions on the P-64. Read as much as you can here but feel free to ask questions.

I know that many here CCW with the P-64, but I will let them tell their own story. I have three different modes of carry depending on situation and weather that I have been using for well over a year now. These are what work best for me.

click to enlarge

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

The P-64 is all steel; the PA-63 has an alloy frame and is a bit more delicate. And a bit bigger.
truth

Post by truth »

Maybe one day we will get a report on this site, that will tell us just how effective this P-64 is at really stopping a human being...not wet newspaper, or water, or ballistic jelly...but clothes, flesh and bone. I have done many searches but no real accounts. That would tell you how good of a ccw weapon this is.
searcher36

Post by searcher36 »

Thats a nice looking pistol papabear. How do you like the clipdraw? I also see your from western KY, I may be moving down to that area this summer. Well, I just pulled the trigger (pun intended..lol) and bought one on Gunbroker. Looking forward to shooting it already.
Rob
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

you wont be sorry but watch out they are habit forming and tend to multiply and welcome
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Thats a nice looking pistol papabear. How do you like the clipdraw? I also see your from western KY, I may be moving down to that area this summer.
Rob
searcher36,

For me the clipdraw works great, I can use it cross draw or strong side. I did put a few thin coast of Eezox on it to prevent rust. I carry it with one in the tube and safety on in all three modes.

Come on down, up, or over, which ever the case may be, be glad to have ya here.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

They are habit forming. I have a PD-63 that is my truck console gun, but the P-64 is with me all the time. I now have three.

BTW,
The forbus paddle holster for the sig 230 fits like a glove.
Last edited by grayfox on March 6th, 2007, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Hello searcher36,
Welcome to the forum. I too carry a P-64 for my primary CCW weapon. It is small as a .380 but has the more powerful 9mm round. It was made to withstand military & police duty so I think it can take whatever I can give it. I've had mine since the first of this year and I've probably shot 4-5 hundred rounds so far. I'm very happy with. When I bought it , it had a light weight hammer spring in it already. That caused it to fail to shoot in double action mode and would drop the magazine after the last round fired. I put a factory hammer spring in it and now it is 100%.Some of us use the lighter springs , some of us don't. If you get one you can decide. I just want to be extremely confident that when I pull the trigger, it will go bang! I don't think you'll be disappointed if you get a P-64.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Welcome -- seacher36 -- you'll like the P64 ,I have three P64s.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

like I said before they are habit forming and do mutuply so you must keep them seperate or they breed... 3 seems to be the most common litter.. oh yeah watch out for nasty other things that get out of control...GRIPS, they take over the house...al
Last edited by anjdrifter on March 6th, 2007, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

+1 with anjdrifter, three does seem to be the standard litter here. "Grips", you betcha, I go way outa control on those, [12 custom sets], but I have since settled down and now only have 4 extra sets. Here are some of my current and past sets.

click on to enlarge

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on March 6th, 2007, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Papabear,
You showoff! :)
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Yes Papabear is a show off but a nice one you have to agree on that. LOve his photo skills too... al