Point of Impact Question

Info, pictures, advice...
Chuck DeVoid

Point of Impact Question

Post by Chuck DeVoid »

Hello. My name is Bill, and I'm really considering buying a P-64. I have a question for all the P-64 ownders on this forum.

Is it the usual experience that the P-64 Point of Impact is fairly close to point of aim?

I realize that the sights leave a lot to be desired, but just curious as to the usual experiences of owners regards point of impact.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Point of Impact Question

Post by dfunk »

Hi Bill!
The sights are very small on the gun, but are usually spot on. The P64 is capable of incredible accuracy, which isn't usually expected from a gun of its' size. On my example, the POI is the same as POA.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Like dfunk said these P-64s are very accurate. The point of aim/impact (poa/poi) depends allot on the distances as well. On my P-64 I know the poa/poi is right on at 25 meters. My friends that have shot it have been impressed by it's accuracy. Generally speaking with these, the accuracy all depends on the shooter.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

They are more accurate than the latest and greatest flavor of the month pistol, a S&W Shield, which is going back to S&W to correct. P64 sights were always POA=POI.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Chuck DeVoid wrote:Is it the usual experience that the P-64 Point of Impact is fairly close to point of aim?

I realize that the sights leave a lot to be desired, but just curious as to the usual experiences of owners regards point of impact.
Bill,

Of course, every gun is different and, yes, the sights on these are typical of Cold War military sights, but, that said they're accurate. I can't really depend on my middle-aged eyes past about 40 or 50 feet for handguns (I usually just stay at 21-30 feet), but at 40 feet, my P64 is a gnat-nut shooter even with imported steel cased ammo.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."