I'm Finally On Line !!! Now help me...

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I recently fell in love with the P64 and afterwards found out it is not Mass Compliant (translation...can't be sold retail in Massachusetts). I have been fighting with my verizon account to receive an activation code (I finally used my work email) so I could ask for assistance in fnding out if there any members in Massachusetts. The laws says they can't be sold retail (via FFL)but I could personally transfer one from another Mass LTC holder. Anybody in Massachusetts want to sell a P64 to a newbie??? Are there any P64 lovers in Massachusetts?

This forum is the best, I have fallen in love with the concept of what the P64 is and the "project" it will become with all of the "fixes" especially when the spring package from Wolf is available.

Looking forward to much participation and the challenge of finding my first.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Welcome to the forum carguy.

I live about 2,500 miles from MA, so have nothing to offer, but can you do a transfer from another state? Say, find one in PA then have it transferred to an FFL? Is that considered "Retail"?

Why in the world would a pistol with a 6-shot magazine be outlawed.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I don't know how the state came up with the regs they use but the P64 isn't on the list. To get on the list a gun must pass muster by the state and that means being tested to death/have certaian sfatey features. It must be submitted by the manufacturer so until a P64 becomes a C&R it may never be on the list.

And no I cannot transfer a gun from out of state unless it goes through an FFL and for an FFL to get it to me it is considered retail and thus illegal for an FFL to "sell" a gun not on the list.

The only way around the law is that anyone owning a gun can transfer it (personal sale) to anyone else (as long as they are permitted properly) regardless if the gun is compliant or not. So the only shot I have is to convince an FFL to get possession of a P64 (they can buy/sell anything on or off the list from outside the state) and then using their LTC personally transfer the P64 to me. Or find someone in Mass that has one to sell personally.

Now I'm trying to find an FFL that will work with me (problem is that the state restricts personal transfers to 4 per year) so I'd be asking someone to limit their other personal business.

I look forward to lots more conversation...thanks.

I'll figure it out over time.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Move to another state without liberals & fools !
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Thank God I,m in Tenn. No limits on how many guns you buy, MGs are ok, and at every gun show people are selling privite all the time.
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

You can only do a FTF (face to face) personal sale if the person already legally owned that gun. Having someone go to a gun store and buy a gun for you and then sell it to you is strictly illegal. It is called a straw purchase and will land you in federal prison. My advise to you is to move out of Mass. It's not just the draconian gun laws, that state along with NJ, NY, IL, and CA controls it's citizens like subjects. What do you expect from a state that keep re-electing Ted Kennedy! Move to Vermont we still have real town meetings and our governor listens to what we want.