new owner of a P64

Info, pictures, advice...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: new owner of a P64

Post by Curly1 »

Stogies wrote:Does anybody have or know a good CCW holster for the CZ82?

Take a look at the Remora.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Searc ... 120&page=1
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Stogies

Post by Stogies »

Do you guys think a grip sleeve would help with the recoil? Has anybody seen a nice OWB concealment holster for a CZ82 or P64?
Knarren und Zigarren!!!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

There have been a few posters that have used the grip sleeve and said that it helped.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Stogies

Post by Stogies »

It occured to me that these old commie guns were all designed to be shot wearing gloves (cold, those commie countries are). So I tried shooting the P64 yesterday with an old winter glove on and it worked like a charm. Problem solved!
Knarren und Zigarren!!!
Stogies

Post by Stogies »

What do you guys think of this holster for CCW?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Czech-police-CZ ... 3a78a063bc
Knarren und Zigarren!!!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

The P64 fits quite well in the CZ holster.

My only issue with it is the belt attachment gives it bulky profile.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

That holster would be an OC holster and probably wouldn't work well with CCW unless you wore a really long shirt or coat just to cover the holster. It was made for the CZ-82/83 pistols which are much larger than the P-64. I don't think it would fit right to be honest. It would fit rather loosely. I don't think it would be a good holster for what you're looking for.

Look for a holster that is marketed for concealed carry and then find one in the size range as a Walther PPK and I think you'll find something better. Barsony Leather is a seller on eBay that usually has a lot of random holsters. This one didn't look too bad - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-IWB-ITP ... 643wt_1094. It's not made by Barsony though.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Stogies wrote:What do you guys think of this holster for CCW?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Czech-police-CZ ... 3a78a063bc
It would be way to loose for a P-64. But for a CZ82/3 it would be a good open carry holster. Would not be my preference for a ccw though.

dfunk's U.S. Gunleather has a nice IWB P-64 in stock.
There is also the Cross Breed Holsters some people have been looking at, I haven't really noticed any reviews good or bad on these.
I use the Galco "Stow-N-Go". The size they have for the PPK fits great. I like it because it's a good price, and the clip design allows you to store it with the gun it your nightstand/dresser and put it on when leaving.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Stogies

Post by Stogies »

Actually I am mostly looking for a CCW holster for the CZ82, the P64 fits in a pocket holster that I already own.
Knarren und Zigarren!!!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I did try the P64 in mine before I posted and it fits like it was made for it.

No I wouldnt use it for CCW either.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Sorry I misunderstood that you were looking for an IWB holster for a CZ-82. You can search eBay for CZ 82 IWB and some results will come up. You should be able to come up with a decent IWB holster for a decent price.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Stogies

Post by Stogies »

juniustaylor wrote:Sorry I misunderstood that you were looking for an IWB holster for a CZ-82. You can search eBay for CZ 82 IWB and some results will come up. You should be able to come up with a decent IWB holster for a decent price.
Actually it's for OWB but no harm done, I did see something that looked pretty good ;-)
Knarren und Zigarren!!!
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Stogies wrote:Actually I am mostly looking for a CCW holster for the CZ82, the P64 fits in a pocket holster that I already own.
Yeah, I thought you were looking for a P-64 CCW holster as the thread name reads "new owner of a P64". Maybe start a new thread in the "Other 9x19's" and you'll get better results.

For a CZ-82 CCW holster I'd still suggest an IWB. The one Galco makes for the BDA should be a very good fit for the price. Is it only an OWB that you are looking for? If it's for CCW you are going to have a harder time concealing an OWB, with the exception of during winter time. Is there a particular reason you are against an IWB?
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Stogies

Post by Stogies »

Weasel640 wrote:
Stogies wrote:Actually I am mostly looking for a CCW holster for the CZ82, the P64 fits in a pocket holster that I already own.
Yeah, I thought you were looking for a P-64 CCW holster as the thread name reads "new owner of a P64". Maybe start a new thread in the "Other 9x19's" and you'll get better results.

For a CZ-82 CCW holster I'd still suggest an IWB. The one Galco makes for the BDA should be a very good fit for the price. Is it only an OWB that you are looking for? If it's for CCW you are going to have a harder time concealing an OWB, with the exception of during winter time. Is there a particular reason you are against an IWB?
That's okay ;-)

I wear a vest all the time so having an OWB holster is just simpler for me.
Knarren und Zigarren!!!
Stogies

Post by Stogies »

Has anybody tried a grip sleeve like from Hogue on a P64? Does it help?
Knarren und Zigarren!!!