Cracked frame

Info, pictures, advice...
norman

Cracked frame

Post by norman »

Well I got my p-64 from Classic Firearms and found out that the frame has a crack in it. At first I thought it was a scratch but when I rubbed my finger across it i felt more than just a scratch. I pulled the slide off and on the inside I found the other side of the crack. Bummer!

It starts at the front of the trigger guard, goes up and then goes toward the muzzle. I guess I will call Classic and see what they will do. Has anyone dealt with Classic about a return? How did it go. When I read their policy on used it said sold as is, but since the frame is cracked am I stuck with the pistol? If so guess I will have to get another one if I can find one and use this one as spare parts. Nuts!! I really like this gun too specialy since its a 1975 Model

Norman :cry:
wolfstein

Re: Cracked frame

Post by wolfstein »

My experience with Classic Firearms has been positive. When I received my P64 one of the mags end cap appeared defective and the holster was terrible. I sent the mag back with a letter and they sent me a great replacement mag and another holster that was in good condition. No questions asked.
norman

Post by norman »

Allright. Hope I have a good experience with them too. I really like the gun but left wondering if the 9x18 might be a bit much for this size gun? Might be why Poland started with the P-83.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I would be very surprised if they didn't make it right.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
norman

Post by norman »

Just got off the phone with Classic and let me tell ya they are a CLASS act. No hem hawwing around they are going to send me a box to return the gun, already got the RMA number. Wow. Like I said a real class act. Checked my email after I hung up and got the email with the rma like four seconds after I hung up. Cant say enough good about this company, now if the new gun passes inspection. lol The only bad thing is the gun I got looks like it was carried a lot but not shot at all. Hope the new one looks as good.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Good to hear Norman, give us an update on the new one.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
norman

Post by norman »

Will do.