New Owner

Info, pictures, advice...
TroyS

New Owner

Post by TroyS »

After looking at Walther PPK's for awhile, a gunshop clerk asked if I had ever handled a P-64. I handled the one in the shop for about 20 minutes and test fired his at their range. I placed an order that day for one. I found your boards after doing some research. All I can say is THANK YOU for the information. I found the threads on Wolf Springs and also the videos for dissasembly and reassembly extremely informative. After finally getting the springs in the mail, and next day picking up my new P-64, I tried the trigger before changing the springs. Exactly as you gentlemen said the double action pull has horrendous. After following the videos on changing the trigger spring, I am amazed at the difference. Once again gentlemen I cannot thank you all enough.
Another Satisfied and Proud owner of a P-64
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New Owner

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the Boards and the addiction of the P-64. The people here are, as you have said, very helpful and knowledgable.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forums bro.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
RightwingPatriot
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by RightwingPatriot »

I am fairly new to the Polish P-64 so I Googled and found this website. I have read a few posts and it seems that many are changing the main spring in the pistol. I have shot both my 64's and didn't seem a bad gun at all, in fact, I went on gun-deals.com to purchase more ammo. So is it just to make the handgun a better pull on the trigger or are all the guns just needing an upgrade?
"LIFE'S HARD, BEING STUPID MAKES IT HARDER"...John Wayne
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Patriot, the reason for changing the mainspring for probably 99% of folks is due to "comfort". A lot of folks don't care much for the heavy double action pull so they opt to change the spring to a lighter one to make the DA pull more manageable. Other folks leave it be as they feel that the heavier DA pull is a form of "safety" for them. If you don't mind the DA pull, then you may not care to change the spring out. It is not a hard process and I have some videos on here on how it is done. Welcome to the board!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
RightwingPatriot
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

OK, what do I look under for the videos?
RightwingPatriot
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hey Juniustaylor, I just surf this forum and found the videos you made and will go check them out on YouTube, which I am on a lot. Thanks....RP
TroyS

Post by TroyS »

Finally made it to the range with my P-64. Recoil was just a little more than what I was expecting. For a 40 yr old gun that has fixed sights, I was impressed with the accuracy and dependability. Fun fun gun. You guys have me addicted. Already shopping for a second one, since my girlfriend likes it too.