surplus market dried up?

Info, pictures, advice...
fully machined

Re: surplus market dried up?

Post by fully machined »

Royal Tiger Imports is showing excellent with one mag $225. This is the retail side of I.O., I think.
So I guess they only sell I.O. imports not the recent C.A.I. ones
I know they used to offer a hand select, so maybe all they have left are all really excellent

Good news here for you C&R folks:

" C&R Eligible! ALL PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO AVAILABILITY. Polish P-64 Pistol 9x18 Makarov. Our Polish P-64 Pistols are in excellent condition and include one magazine. 9x18 Makarov"
expressdog01

Post by expressdog01 »

well I picked up my secound P64 , in two week's . cheaperthandirt I ordered mine $219 exe cond and 2 mags. than they lower the price to $214. anyway this one's made in 1976 and it is prestine, like it was just made not a mark on it. I will load a few photo's later of them . shipping was fast . great guns but no C.S to speak of . and thet came with the take down tool/cleaning rod. very pleased with them
thanks expressdog01
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Just received an email from Classic Firearms. They have the P64 in stock now for $199.99
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

As was said, if the U.N. arms treaty passes, the surplus market will be dead. That applies even if the U.S. doesn't approve it, but the U.N. does.
So buy them while you can.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

It didn't get anywhere this time around, they willl be back though.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... ade-treaty
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
GeneCC

Post by GeneCC »

Foo Bird wrote:As was said, if the U.N. arms treaty passes, the surplus market will be dead. That applies even if the U.S. doesn't approve it, but the U.N. does.
So buy them while you can.
Who can say what the surplus market will do? The goal was not to end trade in firearms but to regulate it. At least that was the official reason.

Allegedly the Treaty is coming up, again, on August 27th. That's a rumor.

While some in the US are blaming the NRA I suspect that US arms manufacturers were complaining to the White House, Congress and the State Department about being shut out of certain markets. The US Department of State likes to send "donations" of Arms to certain rebel groups, something that the ATT was intended to stop.

My guess is that part of the reason that the US Government is putting in huge requests for ammunition is to buy support for this Treaty from Alliant and other Defense Contractors who might otherwise complain that their markets are being "shut out".

The P-64 has a six, count 'em, six round capacity in its magazine. I don't see it being classed as an "assault weapon". Whether the Poles will continue to export them is another matter.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Cash is king and I would think most countries that have surplus inventories would like to see some revenue.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

they are all over gunbroker.com, take a look there.