Small frame inaccurate shooters

Info, pictures, advice...
RobsTV

Re: Small frame inaccurate shooters

Post by RobsTV »

Just a quick update on the P-64, not a replacement for it.

Went to the range and this time I was the one that did most of the P-64 shooting. After 3 mags to get used to the P-64 again, and a lot of concentration, I was able to consistently get 2" groups (full 6 round mags) at 10 yards standing. That was with Berry Plated bullets, which are not known as highly accurate bullets. Amazing small handgun. The fixed sights were dead on as well.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Sounds like a good shooting session. I have mixed results with the Berry plated bullets. I have some lead ones from Missouri Bullet Company. They seemed to shoot good.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Bought 500 of the BP bullets, and that's all I've shot through the P-64. Need to finish them off. All other guns have seen lead, and some have only seen lead. This is the only one never to have seen lead (from me). Also use Missouri bullets in other guns, and they work well.

But on to the next phase, as just placed my order for LEE PRO 4-20, and will see what boolits shoot like.
Squeezer

Post by Squeezer »

I get pretty tight groups with both my East German Makarovs and my P-64. I do a little bit better with the Makarovs but that is because I think they have slightly better sites than the P-64.
mojo357

Post by mojo357 »

Both the Keltec P-32 and the Beretta Tomcat had frame cracking problems. Allegedly fixed in later and inox models.
I own two FEGs (32 and Mak) and they are both smooth shooting, accurate guns. Now that the P64s have caught on,
I think the FEGs are the best buy guns out there right now.

My P64 is one of the MOST accurate guns I own, but I've only shot it out to 10 yards. I have other long-barreled pistols
for distance shooting.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

The first generation Kel Tec P32 would sometimes get a cracked slide. It was pretty rare but did happen sometimes. Cracked slides on the P32 is very rare. The Gen 2 is a bit different and hasn't had any significant reports of cracking, regardless of the slide (KT slides are Blued, Parked, or HC).

Personally, I like the Gen 1 better because it is slimmer and has a more rounded profile so I think it conceals better. But, to be honest, it's very small differences. In the words of E.E. "Doc" Smith, it's a "Skillionth of a willometer."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
budman46

Post by budman46 »

both my p-64s are great shooters. single-action i hit or splash a one ft/sq rock in the river at 110 measured yards with every shot. i don't know who regulated the sights, but they're on with brown bear ammo at that distance.
budman

ignorance is fixable...
tipup

Post by tipup »

[quote="normsutton"]RobsTV

Beretta also makes a 21 A, its in 22 long rifle,

i know the 21 a and i love it. it is so much fun to shot. it is no the most accurate gun, and guks up kind of fast, so you have to buy the more expensive rounds. it is still the cheap gun to shoot i own.
neth

Post by neth »

Seriously. Just get another P64. You love it, you know she loves it, you know the accuracy, and you know it's idiosyncrasies. Throw in a new hammer and recoil spring, file the detent, and whammo! For IWB carry I've been using the DeSantis PPK/PPKS Sof-Tuck Holster for about 4 months and LOVE it. At only $22 it's awesome.
http://www.amazon.com/DeSantis-Sof-Tuck ... 004DM8EMW/

I posted a review on Amazon, but they wouldn't let me upload these pictures ... ignore my lack of tan, too much Irish blood. :-)