Stuck Slide!

Info, pictures, advice...
mikethewreck

Stuck Slide!

Post by mikethewreck »

I did the Saands modification (hammer spring replacement with 16# PP spring) tonight on my P-64. While I was merrily working, the trigger pin came out and the shaft that the hammer spring rides on came out. I put it together once wrong (gun wouldn't cycle) and disassembled it again and apparently got everything to fit. Weapon dry fires (MUCH less trigger pull) and apparently works fine. Safety drops the hammer, weapon will double and single action fire.

HOWEVER, when I try to field strip it (to replace the recoil spring) the slide will NOT come off the rails with the trigger guard down. I guess this is the opposite of the flying slide...

Any suggestions?
Last edited by mikethewreck on December 7th, 2005, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikethewreck

Stuck Slide!

Post by mikethewreck »

Fixed it!

I tried to cycle ammo through the P-64 and it would not. Something was keeping the hammer from flopping full back as the slide came back. I took the girl apart AGAIN (getting good at it) and found that part of the whole hammer assembly had not been properly put together after the pin fell out. The weapon will disassemble now and feed ammo and everything else. This is the big risk of the "Saands mod" on the trigger spring and there ain't a good picture of what it all should look like!
saands

Stuck Slide!

Post by saands »

If things were documented THAT well, then each of us wouldn't learn anything at all when we were tinkering ;)

Glad it went back together.

Saands

ps ... I'd prefer that this was just "the mainspring mod" ;D
mikethewreck

Stuck Slide!

Post by mikethewreck »

Sorry! I meant it as a complement, not an insult! Nothing but good thoughts for you and your mods!