Interesting question

Info, pictures, advice...
tross

Interesting question

Post by tross »

Here is an interesting question for all you P64 junkies.
What gun can you buy for under $200.00 be stupid enough to shoot with a bullet stuck in the barrel, not lose a hand and still hold a 4” group 15 yards, answer a P64. The only problem is it leaves a pregnant spot in the barrel and I am not stupid enough (well that debatable) to shoot it anymore. I purchased one from classic a couple of weeks ago, and proceeded to ruin it with the 5th round. I had a squib round, and before I could think about what I was doing ran another round through the poor girl. As soon as I pulled the trigger I realized what I had done, but it went off fine and I thought I had dodged the bullet. Well to make a long story short I found out different when I cleaned the pistol and discovered the bulged barrel (still amazed at the groups it held after the squib round). I am now in search of a replacement for this little gun I fell in love with after less the 20 rounds. Anyone bought a P64 from SOG lately, if so what shape would you rate it
Signed
Lucky but sick
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Interesting question

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum and glad you had not injuries.

If you fell inclined you can get the gunsmith special for $80 an hopefully it will have a barrel.

http://centerfiresystems.com/P64-GS.aspx
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Glad to hear you walked away unharmed.

Please provide some ammo details.
Reloads or factory?
The more you can tell, the better the chances of others avoiding a repeat.
tross

Post by tross »

My own reloads, so it's on me all around. The gunsmith special is a option I never considered. I do plan on looking for a replacement barrel in the future, but planning on ordering a replacement before.
cjm135

Post by cjm135 »

I'm glad the pistol held up with only a bulge in the barrel and that you were not injuried.

I just bought one from SOG. It functions well with FMJ ammo. I haven't shot any hollow points yet but don't expect any problems. The barrel look good but the finish and inside has more wear than other pistols I bought from SOG. Someday I'll have it re-finished and add new grips. I'm not in any hurry.
P64 Inmate #3367
tross

Post by tross »

Ordered from SOG today, handpicked. I promise to be better to this one. I guess I will get to compare the difference between a SOG hand pick and a Classic arms hand pick.
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

Another option would be to part it out (everything but the barrel of course). Lots of guys on here looking for spares.... you might even break even with what you paid for it.
tross

Post by tross »

My P64 arrived Wednesday from SOG, 2years older than the one from Classic but in pretty close to the same condition. I would say the one from Classic may have had a cleaner barrel (that is before I ruined it). I took it out last night and held a 4" group at 15yds , from a rest, with my lead reloads. I will try to get some pics this week end of both, for everyone’s viewing pleasure.