"frangible ammo"

Info, pictures, advice...

"frangible ammo"

Post by 8080 »

Have any of you Guy's run any frangible ammo thru your P-64? After going through all the pages on the forum I don't remember seeing anything on frangible ammo. I would be doubtful if it would feed ok cause of it's light weight mabey it would'nt cycle right? Just wondering or opinions would be appreciated. Thank's......80-80
nicksterdemus

"frangible ammo"

Post by nicksterdemus »

I don't know if the 9x18 has enuff oomph behind it 4 a frangile as I understand frangible rounds. I'd be concerned 'bout adequate penetration.
Last edited by nicksterdemus on February 21st, 2007, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

"frangible ammo"

Post by nbender »

I'm sure it would cycle the slide Ok, but there are few fans of frangible ammo in 9x18 because of low penetration. They have managed to keep it on the market forever, so someone must be buying it.
saands

"frangible ammo"

Post by saands »

They have managed to keep it on the market forever, so someone must be buying it.

Or maybe the stuff on the market is the original 10,000 rounds they made and have never been able to sell ;D

"Gimmick" ammo is fine for play at the range (I've been known to buy a few rounds of 17gr 9x19 training rounds from time to time), but "tried and true" for all other times.

Saands
Last edited by saands on February 21st, 2007, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.