Will the P-64 fit properly in a Galco Fletch for a PPKS?

Info, pictures, advice...
P-220

Will the P-64 fit properly in a Galco Fletch for a PPKS?

Post by P-220 »

Hello again, it has been a while since I last posted.

My P64 is at CCR getting refinished (CP-II) and my grips are being "machined and finished" at Marschal. I have ordered checkered, zebra wood with fingers groves and beavertail????

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here carries their P64 in a Galco Fletch? If so, how does it fit? Any other recommendations for that style of leather holster for the P64?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I will be sure to post pics as soon as the package is complete and back in my hands.
Cooper

Re: Will the P-64 fit properly in a Galco Fletch for a PPKS?

Post by Cooper »

I don't know about the Galco Fletch, but I ordered the Tagua Thumb Break Leather Belt Holster for PPK and it is very similar, but the thumb break will not snap shut with the P64. Which is very dissappointing since it is currently at a very good price on OPSGEAR.COM and seams like a nice holster.

If I decide to keep the holster, I would cut off both sides of the snap. I think there is enough friction to keep the pistol securely in its place.

If someone knows of a similar holster in this style, I sure would like to hear about it before trimming the leather.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/produ ... lt+Holster

Cooper
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

I'm not sure about the Galco Fletch, however I did get the Galco Stow-N-Go Inside The Pant Holster
For Walther PPK/PPKS. The fit was really good. New it came snug but with wear it loosened up a bit as expected with leather. The snuggest area was where the trigger guard rubs as the P-64s sticks out a little more than the PPK/PPKS.

The Galco Fletch looks a bit pricy have you looked at the usgunleather.com stuff? You can have one made specifically for the P-64. Also in this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4698 Cooper mention the Tagua he got fit much better now.

Weasel
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Yep, the Tagua is fitting much better now. It has been snapped shut shut, with the safety ON, for over a week. Still a little effort to snap it.
Weasel640 wrote: . . . Also in this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4698 Cooper mentions the Tagua he got fit much better now.

Weasel
P-220

Post by P-220 »

Bad news.......

The Galco Fletch for the PPK will not snap shut with a P-64 inserted....

Don't ask me how I found out........... Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

DO NOT waste your money buying one of the Tagua holsters for the PPK thinking that your P-64 will fit the holster and snap shut. IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT!

$ 45.00 wasted.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Are we talking with or without the stock grips or does it not make a difference if it will fit?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
P-220

Post by P-220 »

I do not believe the grips make a difference, in this case. I did visit a leather shop today and the guy is going to try and move the snap for me. It will be a couple of weeks, but I will be sure to let you know how it turns out.
seven.62mm

Post by seven.62mm »

If you're not opposed to an IWB, Crossbreed Holsters have one specifically for the P64. I ordered one at the 2012 NRA Show, and received it last week. Excellent fit and the most comfortable, concealable IWB I've had.
Bill A

Post by Bill A »

I use a Galco Fletch (model number FL204) with my P64 and I am perfectly happy with it. It is a top quality holster. You have to work with the thumb snap strap to get it to fit. There's videos on You Tube (search for Galco Fletch)showing how to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNs05Ic5dgc

This link will take you to youtube to show the proper way to break in a new leather holster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYJhXc79N6o

The link below will take you to Photo Bucket to show how my P64 fits in the holster.
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae29 ... 1395778592
Last edited by Bill A on March 25th, 2014, 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bembry

Post by bembry »

What about Falco? Do they do holsters for P-64s? I really like the one I have for my CZ-82.
My 9x18s:
Radom P-64
CZ-82
Bulgarian PM
FEG PA-63
P83 "Wanad"