Saftey ON or OFF ..... CC'in

Info, pictures, advice...
sharkey

Re: Saftey ON or OFF ..... CC'in

Post by sharkey »

juniustaylor wrote:PA-64? Are you sure it's not a Polish P-64 or are you talking about a Hungarian PA-63?
PA-63 ......... :oops:
Was looking at the video of the fireing pin removal on you tube for the P-64,it was late and missed it by one .....
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
Nakanokalronin

Post by Nakanokalronin »

Safety on since it also locks the firing pin in place which equals a drop safety as well.
az-rat

Post by az-rat »

Never Cary a gun with a round chambered and the safety off never never never. If you do you are stupid.
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

az-rat wrote:Never Cary a gun with a round chambered and the safety off never never never. If you do you are stupid.
And welcome to the site to you to ...... I agree ...... But wow what an entry ...... PA-63 if the saftey is off there is a block that covers the pin ..... I think some of the AD's have been either the spring and detent/plug is missing from the top of the pin or ear wax (cosmo) ..... Because the only way the hammer can strike the pin is IF the trigger is AP (Accidentally on Purpose) activated ....... I think a P-64 is the same as well as other PPK knock offs but that,s not fact ........ :hi:

My .02 ......
Last edited by sharkey on April 28th, 2012, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome AZ, good advice, there is a reason it is called a safety but to each his own in availing them selves of it's use.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jpjames

Post by jpjames »

I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer, and I carry with the safety ON, and one in the chamber. Our service pistols did not have a safety (Glock 22), but I've practiced with the P64 and it is second nature to click the safety off. Of course, removing a couple of coils from the safety detent spring helped, also!
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

jpjames wrote:I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer, and I carry with the safety ON, and one in the chamber. Our service pistols did not have a safety (Glock 22), but I've practiced with the P64 and it is second nature to click the safety off. Of course, removing a couple of coils from the safety detent spring helped, also!
Thank you for the info ...... was going to file lightly ...... springs I can get
jpjames

Post by jpjames »

I've also seen "Blackhawk Down" too many times, and I wiggle my index finger and tell people "This is my safety!"...Safety always ON on the P64...Just in case! If you practice enough, it's easy to disengage...
Nakanokalronin

Post by Nakanokalronin »

az-rat wrote:Never Cary a gun with a round chambered and the safety off never never never. If you do you are stupid.

I'm inclined to agree with this except for certain pistols that are offered with a decocker/safety and decocker only models. The 92FS/M9/PX4 and Ruger P series are good examples of this. I own both types and prefer to leave the safeties off since it is no different than a decocker only model except that the lever dosn't automatically pop back up.

The P64s firing pin block is not a passive type which is the reason I suggest that the safety is left on for this particular firearm.
az-rat

Post by az-rat »

OK I didn't mean to sound rude but the safety is there for a reason. Please use it. There are too many examples of folks shooting themselves. Besides when you shoot yourself it makes the rest of us look bad.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

There can also be collateral damage.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

I have been carrying cond 3 ..... easier for me to come out of holster,cycle slide on the way up and point ...... I will fix this saftey to be safe and easier to move