Think I made a huge mistake.

Info, pictures, advice...
gh0ul

Re: Think I made a huge mistake.

Post by gh0ul »

Very very familiar with rifles, and know a lot about shot guns. Just bought a mid condition Glenfield/Marln mod 25 bout 2 weeks ago, Everybody on net bet was complaining that their ejector didn't work. But know one was fixing it. I took off the stock, turned the receiver and barrel over, after removing the bolt, ofcouse. Found the coiled and bent ejector, removed it, bent it so it'd contact the bottom of the shell. As intended. And put 'er together to test. Took me 4 more times, the last one done through the exhaust port with a flat head. Man that thing will fling a shell 12 feet all day. Then I Took 180 and 220 sandpaper, and steel wool. Time to get rid of the old blueing, rust spots, though hard too see, and just do it! I worked on that hunk of metal for nearly 5 hours! But What a beauty she was all clean ans smooth like glass.... I blued it, "Super Blue", and it took soooo even. I did 4 coats to get the right shade.... Then came 4 more hours on the stock....

Yeah I love guns... Just learning hand guns though. I have a 1955 Star Model F target. Did it the same way, but made hand grips for it. I gave it an antiquing finish, man it shoots nice, now I know that one left and right.

The gun I bought, then re-sold today was a totally different animal, and i let a friend who was here target shooting with me, escalate the paranoia... Now I have to eat about a pound of crow when I go in there tomorrow... that's the way i learn man, If I don't get hurt, embarassed, or make myself look like I have no sense when I pick jump into a new portion of the gun world!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I completely understand. Awesome deal on the Marlin rifle. I am familiar with that wire ejector. I had a 925M which was the .22 Magnum version. Didn't shoot it much so I sold it to my dad since I was funding another gun purchase. I bought a Turkish 1911A1 and I love that gun! Get on in that gun store in the morning and get that P-64. You can certainly send them the link to the video so they'll be edjumakated on how they operate. I'd figure they'd have had some idea as the safety is a decocker.

Here is a "okay" manual you can read through on this pistol.
http://p64resource.com/board/P64Manual.pdf

I'm off to bed!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum and better safe than sorry you did the right thing not trying to fire it if you thought there was a problem.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
old mike

Post by old mike »

Jeez Junious, What a masterful presentation to help a new shooter understand the weapon! Well Done Sir!! Very well done . Your suggestion as to handgun saftey is also on the money. I'm impressed. Mike
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Junioustaylor-
That was, as is usual f/you, a masterful presentation & as good a "teaching moment" as I've ever seen or heard- on any subject. You have real talent, sir, & are certainly an asset to this forum. On behalf of all the readers, especially those "underedcuated" in the theory & operation of firearms, I offer a big thank you.
"Jeez, Tommy, don't you believe in anything?
Yeah, I believe in ammo. As much as I can carry."
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Thank you fellers, I appreciate the kind words. I am always glad to be of assistance and it doesn't take too long to take some photos and/or post a video. I can't believe how linty looking my pistol was in those pictures. I can't see it in regular lighting but the camera flash sure exposed all of it. Haha.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

juniustaylor, good on you for your patience and understanding with a new handgun owner. The way that some of the old hands on the internet react/reply to new owners and shooters in general never ceases to amaze me. They will talk down to people, make fun of them and sometimes scare people away from a fantastic hobby. Not you though, you took the time to make somebody feel welcome and to learn.

gh0ul, welcome aboard. I was new to the P-64, but not shooting handguns. I have leaned a lot from reading and searching this forum. I hope you get the P-64 back or at the least another one. It is a great handgun!