New Happy P64 owner

Info, pictures, advice...
Huff

New Happy P64 owner

Post by Huff »

I recently aquired a 1975 that seems to be in very good condition from SOG.
I was pleasantly pleased with a bullseye on first shot, then second and third etc.
This thing out shoots all my pistols except my MKII Ruger, but that is a target pistol!!
So far no failures of any kind after maybe 40 rounds.
The further back I get the more it outperforms my larger guns. At 30 yards most of my pistols will barely stay on paper( CZ82, P1, M57,Nagant revolver, 21A berreta etc)
I don't get it but it is now my carry gun since it is also small
I have a 17# hammer spring on the way but I don't think this gun will ever be a DA as it is totally useless now. I only do SA.
Glad I found this site, hope I can add some valuable or at least interesting stuff.
Huff
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New Happy P64 owner

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome aboard bro.

What kinda ammo are you using?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

Welcome and nice choice.

I am a little surprised that your CZ-82 is not really accurate. The two I have are as accurate as my P-64. Just not as small or as easy to conceal as my P-64.
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

yes the p64 is a good shooter. i never had any problems with my two.
Huff

Post by Huff »

My CZ82 is very accurate and one of my best, love it but the little Polish gun out shoots it I am using different ammo, Brown Bear 94gr FMJ and Silver Bear94gr JHP.
At normal pistol range, 10 yards or so not much difference but tighter groups than my accurate CZ82 and the P1 but when I move back to 20 or 30 yards my other pistols start to go wide but the P64 is still getting killer shots?? I like it but will do some more practice and get some real measurements to report.
huff
Huff

Post by Huff »

I just stepped out and popped off 7 rounds, 3 in a 3/4" bullseye and four within 2 1/2 inches.
This was at 20 yards. I am an average shooter IMHO.
huff