P64 vs. Walther PPK/S

Info, pictures, advice...
RobsTV

Re: P64 vs. Walther PPK/S

Post by RobsTV »

Nutnspecial wrote:..

On a different subject, .... what if you, a licensed CHP CCW holder, killed an unarmed 17 year old? (Sanford, FL issue). I'll make it very simple. If you hold a "concealed weapon permit", you should have been TAUGHT to "RUN from conflict"! The guy "playing" neighbor watch, had NO right under any letter of law, to "follow, peruse, or apprehend, much less murder, the 17 year old "child".

It really makes me sick! And he had a Florida CHP/CWP. .... not any more! (that bastard)

Oh well...most people are quite nice an genuine. (I am) ....stick an ice pick in the back of the neck for those who are not! :shock: No....SHOOT children armed only with candy.

Thankfully we still live in a country that has Due Process of law.

Two sides to every story. Seems the shooter has already been convicted by the mass media, as well as many others who should know better.

Being unarmed does not mean not deadly. An unarmed person can be just as deadly as an armed person. How did the shooter know kid was unarmed?

Being 17 does not make you any less deadly than being 37. How did the shooter know the 6'3" kid was 17 and not 37?

Facts will come out in time, which is what we must wait for.

Some other facts that are usually left out by the anti-gun media.
The photos of the 6'3" kid are when he was younger, as a football player, not recent.
The kid was sent to the area because he was suspended from school for 10 days.
10 day long suspensions are not given out for being a good kid.
The above is from the Miami Herald, where the kid lived. Go there for more info.

The shooter was part of neighborhood watch, and self proclaimed Captain.
He sounds like he was a lose canon ready to go off.
Recently, there have been multiple crimes committed in the gated community, with most suspects never apprehended.

I am not making excuses for the shooter. Even if the kid turned out to be a 37 year old crackhead with a gun, that the next day the bodies of his victims were discovered, the shooter had no right to confront. Follow and wait for police (which might take a hour), perhaps. It turns out it was a kid. An innocent kid? Yes, because that's how our country works. A victim? Probably, but more facts are needed.

In other news today.

SARASOTA -- (Florida, around 100 miles west of Orlando)
After taking three days to pick a jury, the murder trial has officially started for the Sarasota teen accused of killing two British tourists last year.

Attorneys started the day Thursday with opening statements in the trial for 17-year-old Shawn Tyson.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... h_tourists

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... atements_t

ST. PETERSBURG -- (Florida, around 80 miles west of Orlando)
The jury is expected to begin deliberations today in the trial of a teenager accused of gunning down a St. Petersburg police officer last year.

Nicholas Lindsey, 17, is facing first-degree murder charges in the death of Officer Dave Crawford.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... pected_tod
Last edited by RobsTV on March 23rd, 2012, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Nutnspecial wrote:On a different subject, .... what if you, a licensed CHP CCW holder, killed an unarmed 17 year old? (Sanford, FL issue). I'll make it very simple. If you hold a "concealed weapon permit", you should have been TAUGHT to "RUN from conflict"! The guy "playing" neighbor watch, had NO right under any letter of law, to "follow, peruse, or apprehend, much less murder, the 17 year old "child".
First: Wrong forum.

Second: Wrong. You, and anybody else, have every right to follow someone as long as you are not violating trespassing, stalking, or restraining order laws. You may not like it, but, yes, I can follow you down the street.

I'm not saying that what Zimmerman did was smart. Obviously it wasn't. But following someone is 100% PERFECTLY WITHIN HIS RIGHTS.

Oh, and I know a lot of 17 year old "children" who can kick your butt. I know some 15 and 16 year old "children" who can out fight you unarmed, out shoot you with a gun, and out maneuver you with a variety of weapons. Now, I'm not saying that age is irrelevant. I'm saying that 17 isn't a "child" by any definition except the "less than 18" legal def. and 17 certainly doesn't mean that someone is incapable of being dangerous. Lots of 17 year old gangbangers charged as adults. The whole row over the kid's age is irrelevant. The question is whether Zimmerman was actually acting in defense of himself AT THE POINT OF THE SHOOTING. It really doesn't even matter if Martin was attacking him but, rather, whether or not Zimmerman could have reasonably believed he was being threatened with Deadly Force.

Bringing in Martin's age is just obfuscation and emotional manipulation. Stick to the FACTS. If the FACTS show that Zimmerman committed deliberate murder, manslaughter, or even negligent homicide (for instance, his gun dropped to the ground and discharged), then deal with that. 17 or 71, it doesn't matter.
It really makes me sick! And he had a Florida CHP/CWP. .... not any more! (that bastard)

Oh well...most people are quite nice an genuine. (I am) ....stick an ice pick in the back of the neck for those who are not! :shock: No....SHOOT children armed only with candy.
Again, completely irrelevant. What matters is what the (fictional legal construct) "Reasonable Man" would have believed. People are shot for having toy guns and brown wallets all the time and the conclusion is that it was justified because the person shooting Reasonably Believed it was an armament. Now, in the dark, a guy is acting aggressive or threatening and shoves his hand into a pocket, it is reasonable to consider that he might be reaching for a weapon, even if turns out it was just a bag of candy shifting around.

I'll say it again, let the legal system do its job and stop arm-chair quarterbacking.
Mercy. Tomorrow I'll upload pics of the CZ82. Meanwhile, I'll be Googling "BLACK CHROME", as a refinish option.
Please do. I'd love to see it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
badgerjfr

Post by badgerjfr »

Wisconsin just passed thier concealled carry, and yes, idoits are among us.
Little unknown story from Milwaukee, WI.; A man shot (didn't kill) a person who was attempting to shoplift from wal-mart. just because you have a CCL it doesn't make you the sheriff. I'm assuming the shoplifter lived because the story didn't get national attention. Also, I'm gonna have to guess the shooter will not be allowed to own a fire arm any more. They're serious in Wisconsin about felons and firearms.

In Minnesota, a felon, after 10 years of a clean record can buy a firearm. Once a felon in Wisconsin, you might as well move to Minnesota. and honestly wisconians don't mind sending their "regects" to Minnesota. :D

Sorry, its hard not to pick on Minnesota... GO PACK!

And I would have to agree in the Floria incident... Pulling your fire arm should be your last resort. Just because you can legally carry a hand gun, doesn't make you the judge and jury. Thats my 2 cents. As long as the court system feels his life was in danger... What can anyone say either way? We weren't there to witness the event.
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

Nutnspecial, there is nothing wrong with Hi Points, except the way they look. (Fugly) I have the JHP model in .45 ACP, and it is a wonderful shooter.
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

Curly1 wrote:I wish folks would break up there long posts with some paragraphs it makes for easier reading.

I don't bother reading them if they don't regardless of what valuable insites might be buried in there.
Geez, did not know posting was like writing a term paper. I'll try to do better next time.
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Much appreciated.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Frank Mucciolo

Post by Frank Mucciolo »

If they were the same price, I would buy the PPK, hands down no question's asked, In my opinion the PPK is a superior weapon and if I could afford it I would buy it. Now while on the subject there is one other little gun I would love to have, and that is the Sig Sauer M232 in .380 calib. and of the three gun's, my choice would be 1. Sig, 2. PPK, 3. P-64. Just my opinion of cause, we all have to make our own choices and it always comes down to how much can we afford.
daven

Post by daven »

I have a prewar PPK in 0.32, a postwar PP in 0.32, a metal PPK/S in 0.380 (one of the early Interarms imports) and two P64s. The PPK from 1934 is the one I prefer, even though it is in 0.32 ACP, simply because the relationship between DA and SA is not as dramatic as my P64s (both of which now have the 18 lb hammer spring). For the 9 mm Makarov round I prefer my EG Mak or the two P82s that I have. Just my 0.02 cents worth. DaveN
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

How did this turn to martin/zimmerman ....... First there is nothing right about it ...... So

Allright then ....

Awww Man How did my secret get out http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... groupid=45 ...... That's some good stuff ..... Not great ..... but good ...... Dirty and lacks flavor yea you will taste what I'm talk'in about .... about 200 rds needed a quick break down and clean useing a clean rag ...... It's easy on P-64 and Pa-63's .......

First If you have a C&R lic then get a p-64 and also look at a FEG-PA-63 ...... after all this is a p-64 forum and I am on their thread ....... hence "take a look"

Wolfe springs and grips with no thumb rest make that a perfect fit to my hand .....PA-63 that is ...... Pros and cons like every other firearm they have both ......
Pros
CC nice on IWB
7+1
Thumb safety and clip release ..
Breaks down easly to clean and service ...
looks cool it's two tone ..... If you like that kinda thing
fits in PPK holsters ....
uses 9x18 and not 9x17 (.380)

Cons
Can anybody pick that front sight up ...... I painted the ramp florecent red
Kicks like a mule in the web of you hand ....... 9 bucks worth springs
Trigger pull sucks ....... You known those east block guy's musta had some strong fingers ... 5 buck worth of spring
Lack of parts as of 4/12 ..... PA-63 not sure about p-64
uses 9x18 instead of 9x19
to big for ankle carrie as the 64 is smaller
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

sharkey wrote:How did this turn to martin/zimmerman ....... First there is nothing right about it ...... So

Allright then ....

Awww Man How did my secret get out http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... groupid=45 ...... That's some good stuff ..... Not great ..... but good ...... Dirty and lacks flavor yea you will taste what I'm talk'in about .... about 200 rds needed a quick break down and clean useing a clean rag ...... It's easy on P-64 and Pa-63's .......

First If you have a C&R lic then get a p-64 and also look at a FEG-PA-63 ...... after all this is a p-64 forum and I am on their thread ....... hence "take a look"

Wolfe springs and grips with no thumb rest make that a perfect fit to my hand .....PA-63 that is ...... Pros and cons like every other firearm they have both ......
Pros
CC nice on IWB
7+1
Thumb safety and clip release ..
Breaks down easly to clean and service ...
looks cool it's two tone ..... If you like that kinda thing
fits in PPK holsters ....
uses 9x18 and not 9x17 (.380)

Cons
Can anybody pick that front sight up ...... I painted the ramp florecent red
Kicks like a mule in the web of you hand ....... 9 bucks worth springs
Trigger pull sucks ....... You known those east block guy's musta had some strong fingers ... 5 buck worth of spring
Lack of parts as of 4/12 ..... PA-63 not sure about p-64
uses 9x18 instead of 9x19
to big for ankle carrie as the 64 is smaller
Sorry, my fault. I should have kept my 1st amendment right to myself. Of course everyone deserves "due process of law". The reason it struck such a nerve with me, is because the "almost" same thing happened to ME 30 years ago! Long story short, a former high school BULLY saw me while I was at work. I was outside in a parking lot (just started driving 18 wheelers) and as he approached, he said, "You remember me?" He walked right up to me and planted both hands in my chest knocking me to the ground (on my azz). While he was on top of me, choking me with BOTH hands, I drew a S&W 659 and stuck the muzzle in his gut, and "hammered back" to SA mode. He looked down, got up and ran like a scalded dog! I fired NO rounds.

This is why I have certain feelings about the Zimmerman case. Not that Zimmerman killed a 17 year old, but rather, why did I NOT kill the Bully! ....9 months later "My Bully", (while stoned again), hung a pistol out the passenger window of a moving car and murdered a bicyclist. Totally random, shot and killed someone riding a bicycle. He was caught, convicted and was sent up-river (Angola Prison).

So...sure, this is the wrong forum to speak of such things. And Classic Arms has "LVE" 9x18 for $9.19 per box of 50 (NO minimum!) :) and any firearm by Walther (new or old) will probably be one of the best firearms one could own. But, I had to just "vent" a tad.

I really do feel better knowing that "due process" is actually taking place! ...except, the gun hating media is keeping the "pot boiling"! :(

Speaking of "pre war PPK"... SOG has a .32 PPK NAZI marked (Eagle C) VG+ for $1495.00 :shock:
WOW! and not listed as C&R? Oughta be! (50+ years old) My wallet and I can't touch it! :roll: (collector's corner)

I really do like this forum and the P-64. If it were not for the nerve damage in my dominate right hand, I would not have bought a CZ-82 first! Although, I am glad I DID purchase the CZ-82 1st. ....It is amazing!
I LOVE it! ...Why? ..Because it has NO "Automatic De-Cocking" Lever! There...I said it!

I would "manually help" the de-cocking lever on an FNP-45 Tactical! I trust NOTHING claimed to be "automatic".

OK, enough of me U say. Understood. Triple safe, striker fired Glock. "Safe Action", well, I ha a G19. nice, nice, nice piece of "plastic"! I should not have sold it!

OMG! I should speak of that on "Glock Talk" :oops:

Geezz....I MUST shut up.

Sorry, So much on my mind. Robbed at gun point when I was 17, best friend murdered by Antoinette Frank,
mugged by 2 in 1972....:( I could write a book.

I will say this: No more sitting in the back of the class saying NOTHING!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

-Pace

PS: Zimmerman is NOT going to a Grand Jury! Which means, "Capital Murder" is off the table.

The FED's have an option, but if the "State" refuses "Capitol Murder", the FED's are "pissing down their leg".

Watch this case as it plays out! If nothing, it will amaze you in the construct of law! :?:

-P
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder. (no Grand Jury).

Like I said, it will be an amazing case.

Truth and Justice. That is all I would ask if I were in that situation.