FFL C&R "03" application time line (processing time)

Info, pictures, advice...
Nutnspecial

FFL C&R "03" application time line (processing time)

Post by Nutnspecial »

Of course, most here already have their 03 FFL. ö

However, for the "lurkers" that are pondering, whilst they wonder if the P-64 will be their "cup of tea",
...03 FFL C&R application sent via 1st class mail on 2/3/2012. Debit card "hit" on 2/7/2012. FFL 03 C&R arrived 3/12/2012. That's like one day less than 5 weeks.

-Pace
eclipse57

Re: FFL C&R "03" application time line (processing time)

Post by eclipse57 »

I love this feedback. I just mailed mine in on 3/9. I hope I have it back by 4/15, based on your feedback.
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

eclipse57 wrote:I love this feedback. I just mailed mine in on 3/9. I hope I have it back by 4/15, based on your feedback.
Thanks :) I was hoping it wouldn't fall on deaf ears. I actually received a PM from another member who was wondering about the process. In his PM, he said, "That sounds great! Everytime I try to get started by someones advice, I get lost. How do you get the form sent." I gave him the direct link to the application (http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16.pdf) and said to be sure your name, address and SS# is on every page. I printed the app "single sided" and some pages I had to hand-write my name, address and social. It's to keep all pages of the app associated with "you".

Now, for something completely off topic, I do adore the P-64! However, on the 2/16/12, I drove myself to the ER with a paralyzed right hand. Just to be sure it wasn't an all out stroke! As luck would have it, I am right handed. :roll: Diagnosis is "Radial Nerve Palsy". So, the P-64 should probably not be my 1st purchase. With some searching online, I found the CZ-82 might be my best bet, as it is 100% ambidextrous! Dual mag releases and dual thumb safeties! :D It might just be a blessing in disguise. Having not owned nor shot a firearm in almost 20 years, it might be quite beneficial to do so as a "Lefty". If I can qualify for my CHP with BOTH hands, I'd feel better about myself should the need ever arise.

Wishing you the best of Life and Liberty,

-Pace
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Nutnspecial wrote:
eclipse57 wrote:Now, for something completely off topic, I do adore the P-64! However, on the 2/16/12, I drove myself to the ER with a paralyzed right hand. Just to be sure it wasn't an all out stroke! As luck would have it, I am right handed. :roll: Diagnosis is "Radial Nerve Palsy".
Dude, that's awful. You have my prayers.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

lklawson wrote:
Nutnspecial wrote:
eclipse57 wrote:Now, for something completely off topic, I do adore the P-64! However, on the 2/16/12, I drove myself to the ER with a paralyzed right hand. Just to be sure it wasn't an all out stroke! As luck would have it, I am right handed. :roll: Diagnosis is "Radial Nerve Palsy".
Dude, that's awful. You have my prayers.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Thank you Kirk. I might be in a spot of luck as the past day I'm feeling that pins and needles kind of thing and am able to raise my hand level. Better than it was...where I was unable to raise my hand at all. (sometimes referred to as "wrist drop") Been almost a month to the day. :roll:
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Glad to hear. I pray the improvement continues.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

I checked last night, and the BATFE has charged my card the $ 30.00. I know this does not gurantee approval, but it is one step in the process.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

@ Nutnspecial, did they find a cause for your palsy? Usually it resolves it self completely. I pray you make a full recovery.

I have the CZ 82 & it is a fine weapon. It has less recoil & a better trigger than the P 64. It is also bigger than the P 64. Back when I applied for my C&R it took 3 or 4 months. Glad to see they sped it up.
Ward223

Post by Ward223 »

Im sorry to here about that :( , i just wanted to add my to cents here. I sent for my c&r on Feb. 3rd. I havent recieved anything as of yet. Im getting anxious :lol: :lol: . Also a quick question :?: . If i get my C&R and i move what do i need to do? Im sure i need to let them know about a change of address. Any suggestions??? Thanks :hi:
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Sounds like a bunch of jibber jabber.

ATF Publication 5300.4

§ 478.52 Change of address.

(a) Licensees may during the term of their current license remove their business or activity to a new location at which they intend regularly to carry on such business or activity by filing an Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License, ATF Form 5300.38, in duplicate, not less than 30 days prior to such removal with the Chief, National Licensing Center. The ATF Form 5300.38 shall be completed in accordance with the instructions on the form. The application must be executed under the penalties of perjury and penalties imposed by 18 U.S.C. 924. The application shall be accompanied by the licensee's original license. The Chief, National Licensing Center, may, in writing, require the applicant for an amended license to also file completed ATF Form 7 or ATF Form 7CR, or portions thereof, in the manner required by § 478.44.
(b) Upon receipt of a properly executed application for an amended license, the Chief, National Licensing Center, shall, upon finding through further inquiry or investigation, or otherwise, that the applicant is qualified at the new location, issue the amended license, and return it to the applicant. The license shall be valid for the remainder of the term of the original license. The Chief, National Licensing Center, shall, if the applicant is not qualified, refer the application for amended license to the Director of Industry Operations for denial in accordance with § 478.71
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Ward223

Post by Ward223 »

Wow...thanks for all of the onfo!!!!
sounds like im better off not moving for a while!!!
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

eclipse57 wrote:I love this feedback. I just mailed mine in on 3/9. I hope I have it back by 4/15, based on your feedback.
It arrived today. 5 weeks and 6 days from the day I mailed it in.

I believe a P-64 from classic will be my first purchase.