Had to do it.

Info, pictures, advice...
bowsavage

Had to do it.

Post by bowsavage »

I've been lurking around this board for a while now and I finally broke down and bought me a p64. I received it today from J&G and I am very pleased with it. It's a 1973 imported by CAI. I can't wait to take it to the range. I can walk out my back door and shoot all I want but since I'm a LEO I have to qualify with it to carry off duty. I think that this will be a great replacement for my Kel-tec. Thanks for all the knowledge shared on this board. A special thanks to you guys who refuse to be a victim and get your CC license where available.
IMG-20120228-00072(1).jpg
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Had to do it.

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the Board and the Brotherhood. I am sure you will enjoy that little beauty. Looks like yours is in pretty nice shape. :lol:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

If yours shoots as well as mine does, you will not have any problem qualifying with it.

Have you decided on a holster?

I am using a Don Hume IWB for a Makarov. There is a little play in the thumb break over the hammer. I put a small piece of carpet in the bend to hold it tight. Other than that it fits like a glove!

BTW welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.
bowsavage

Post by bowsavage »

One of my guys uses a versa-carry. I think I might try that. For someone who wears a 22lb duty belt everyday, less is better.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I use an Uncle Mikes #1 IWB and love it. keeps sweat at bay, extremely thin and grips the gun well enough that it soesn't shift around or feel loose yet draws very quick. AND it's inexpensive! :D
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

The Remora works good also.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary