AMMO

Info, pictures, advice...
jamjammer53150

AMMO

Post by jamjammer53150 »

Where is a good place to get the Markov ammo , nowhere around here has it ?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: AMMO

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

Try this site http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=9 ... Makarov%29

Enter your zip to get shipping costs.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jamjammer53150

Post by jamjammer53150 »

Thanks
Im picking up my p64 today , they finally passed CC in my state , and as much as love my PPK its only a 22 . The P64 from what i have heard is a very comprable , and affordable alternative . and should you ( heaven forbid) actually need to use it , it is as good or better than anything in its size and features ( again im spoiled by PPK's) auto cock features, and as cool as some of the 380s are , i dont like the 1/2 a handfull .
It also looks like there can be some simple tinkering done to adjust the trigger and some other tweaks .

I just wish i could find some ammo as I am already anxious to fire it , and i dont even have it yet ...
stonecutter2

Post by stonecutter2 »

I get 9mm Makarov ammo from aimsurplus.com a fair amount. They are good people and have really fair prices and shipping. My P64 loves the Brown Bear steel cased stuff, and at Aim it's under $11/50 round box. The only way I can do better is to reload my own.

I also pick up locally to help out the local gun shop. If you ask someone local, they might start stocking it - you never know who else asks for it :)
JSandi

Post by JSandi »

jamjammer53150

Post by jamjammer53150 »

I was in luck , there is a local shop , that has been under constant flak from the media , city officials and the normal anti gun contingent . I had thought they were shut down but on a lark i drove by . For whatever reasons there cases are empty of guns , but they had plenty of ammo . and for 20 box i cant complain . and the range is still running , albeit on a self serv model . so I squeaked off 2 clips , personally I ont think the DA pull is that bad . I do need to find (or make) some new grips . the SA trigger pull is freaky sensitive and i need to highlight the sights a bit altho I suspect after another 20 bucks in ammo it will just point .

In the day , they were the place to go , they carried nearly EVERYTHING from gold plated collectors items to the semi disposable jennings .

So for now they are the best accessory shop around
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

jamjammer53150 wrote:personally I ont think the DA pull is that bad . [...] the SA trigger pull is freaky sensitive
Sounds like you may already have the hammer spring replaced.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yea if you have a hair trigger on SA it was the springs were probably changed.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jamjammer53150

Post by jamjammer53150 »

I had thought about ordering the springs , however after operating it a bit , I see no reason to change anything but the grips , and even that since it is destened to be a CC piece , who really cares?
Somewhat ironic that ideally theese things will never be called upon to do there job , but they need to do it flawlessly when we need them
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes they need to be dependable and give us the reassurance that they will do a good job when called upon, unlike some of the other things in life, Congress for example.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jamjammer53150

Post by jamjammer53150 »

I was thinking more like a good dog .
Unless it is the acient alien fremasom bigfoots that did it
jstarck

Post by jstarck »

www.cheaperthandirt.com has a bunch of 9x18 ammo at pretty good prices. You can also order some from Buffalo Bore, but I'd be reluctant to try anything heavier than a 95 grain bullet (I would not use their 115 grain 9x18 ammo in my P64). I've thought about their 95 grain ammo, but don't know if the P64 should really fire that hot of a round (it says it goes at 1100+ fps). Any thoughts?
jat428

Post by jat428 »

Classic arms also sells a bi metal 9x18 cartridge for real cheap $9 box 50 but I went with aims ppu brass. Still waiting on my grips from ZEE, pics and info for his grips on this forum, and marchall grips look amazing if you're willing to pay and long wait.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

Classic Arms has it:

http://www.classicfirearms.co/ammunition.htm

I got a couple 1500 round cases myself.
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

jstarck wrote:http://www.cheaperthandirt.com has a bunch of 9x18 ammo at pretty good prices. You can also order some from Buffalo Bore, but I'd be reluctant to try anything heavier than a 95 grain bullet (I would not use their 115 grain 9x18 ammo in my P64). I've thought about their 95 grain ammo, but don't know if the P64 should really fire that hot of a round (it says it goes at 1100+ fps). Any thoughts?
I buy 9x18 from CheaperThanDirt all the time. I just use their Silver Bear JHP's myself. Good enough for government work! :wink:
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.