Graphite lube

Info, pictures, advice...
Gary2112

Graphite lube

Post by Gary2112 »

Has anyone used this to lube their gun with? If so, what parts do you lube? I've heard it's slicker, and better than using gun oil. It also doesn't collect dirt etc., What are your thoughts?
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
Ward223

Re: Graphite lube

Post by Ward223 »

Im not big on graphite lube....from what I hear its ok but id much rather use military clp.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I use grease to lube up all my slide rails.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

Graphite is a carbon base. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphite)
Today's 100% syntactic lubes are so much better. NOT saying graphite is bad, as many locksmiths still use the powdered version to "lube key tumblers".
That, and what are "pencils" made of? http://www.pencils.com/unleaded-pencil
So.....NO! Use CLP/Brake free, "Gun Butter"! etc.

"Crisco"?? >(LARD) (graphite) ...LOL! Ask the LEO's what they are using.

Oh well, please remove "graphite" from your vocabulary. Unless your trying to pick a sticky lock! And lock smiths are not using "graphite" as they did in the 1800's. ...IE..

Skeleton Key Not fitting? Call ME! I'll dust it with "genuine graphite" so as you and only your "key" remain! (what a fraud)

MERCY!

NO Graphite AT ALL! CLP or "Gun Butter". I'm at "end of thought" about that. .....
It's kind of sad. For I am the only one that "spoke up". I will remain a "good egg".

Love it.... so wonderful...
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Never tried graphite in any pistols. I always use Weapon Shield grease and all my pistols seem to like it. Plus it smells nice.
Stang

Post by Stang »

I used some that was made for guns..... worked but I really didn't like it.... since it is black and gunky it made cleaning look worse than it really was..... you can have my old tube (unless I threw it out) I only used it on the slide once and I wont ever again.

YMMV
Your Mileage May Vary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I use a light amount of Lucas Gun Oil as it seems to go a long way. Does a very good job at making stuff slick. Can't comment to it attracting dirt and grit as I clean my pistols before I get to that point. It is supposed to work in any temperature without becoming thick or gummy. Some folks use that moly grease like you get at the auto parts store for greasing fittings and other stuffs. I had thought about it but didn't want a tub full of grease laying around. Maybe I'll find someone around here with some and fill a small tin with it and try it.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
irishbob979

Post by irishbob979 »

Frog Lube - all natural. Developed by Navy Seals. If it works for them, it'll work for you.
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

irishbob979 wrote:Frog Lube - all natural. Developed by Navy Seals. If it works for them, it'll work for you.
Actually, I was looking into getting some Frog Lube to try. I was just curious about the graphite lube because I've heard others talk about it.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
jstarck

Post by jstarck »

I've used synthetic grease on for auto/marine applications on my rails and found it to work pretty well. I have a tube of Tetra grease that I bought recently that I might try, but so far, my P64 has been flawless the way it is.
WarLord

Post by WarLord »

I have used a dry lube called Poxylube CP-200 given to me by a Lock Smith. My guess is it is a graphite substitute. Comes in a spray can. Any way, It leaves a dry whiteish film but I dindn't really trust the lubercation factor so I switched to Ballistol. I use it on my firearms, knives, and some leather gear. You can dilute it up to 90% with water for different cleaning purposes. Works very well diluted 50/50 on my black powder guns. Seems to be pretty good stuff and goes a long way.
Americal 1970-1971 "We Kill Folks"