Stupid question?

Info, pictures, advice...
WarLord

Stupid question?

Post by WarLord »

This might be a stupid question, but why are parts so hard to come by for the P64? I like the gun I just got and was even thinking about getting another one at the price. Then I started looking at the prospect of having a few spare parts and was suprised to find they are all most impossible to come by. Is it just because they were manufactured in Poland or am I missing something?
Americal 1970-1971 "We Kill Folks"
Phoenixman

Re: Stupid question?

Post by Phoenixman »

Gunbroker.com.
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

The guns are no longer produced, and the remaining parts seem to be primarily coming from Poland.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

Do the math-------best deal is another P-64!!!!!!!
WarLord

Post by WarLord »

Yea,

I ordered a spare firing pin from Gunbroker.com. (Poland)

I guess springs and screws would not be that hard to come by.

May be the best insurance is to order another one, as fully machined said. Now I just have to convince the wife I am making a smart move by ordering another. I'll tell her "it just makes good sense". I'll even try to keep a straight face.

Thanks
Americal 1970-1971 "We Kill Folks"
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

Tell her you need another one because you have TWO hands! LOL
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
Ward223

Post by Ward223 »

Im in the same boat....the wife asks me why do you need so many guns......i tried to convince her for the next two hours at all the ins and outs...even brought up the worls ending and zombies!!!! Im bot sure if ahes convinced yet....guess we will see as theres a gun show in my area next weekend.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Ask the wife why she needs so many shoes.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Ward223 wrote:the wife asks me why do you need so many guns.....
"Who cares if I 'need' them? I want them and I'm paying for them out of my personal hobby budget/blow fund."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

That's exactly what I tell my wife Kirk. As long as I have a safe place to keep them (we have kids) she is fine with it.

I guess some wives are not so understanding. :|
Ward223

Post by Ward223 »

She doesnt get why I collect firearms...but she doesnt object! Someday she will be thankful!
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

Certainly not a stupid question! On Gunbroker, the link to the seller of P-64 parts is here:
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Ke ... ageSize=75

Another option would be a "parts gun" (or 2) such as found here:
http://centerfiresystems.com/P64-GS.aspx

For $80 you may luck out and have the parts that might otherwise cost a tad more if purchased separately from the seller in Poland. Also, the parts gun would be perfect as a practice piece in disassembly/reassembly. If UR really lucky, the parts gun may just need TLC to be a 100% working P-64! :D I'll never forget the 1982 VW Rabbit Diesel I bought for $50 with a blown head gasket. $60 in parts later (and my own free labor) .... 58MPG! As for the women with "too many shoes", please.....It's us guys that have too many guns, vintage cars, camera equipment and HAM (Amateur) Radios! :shock: You would be surprised at what women want. And it doesn't cost a cent!
"Love and Devotion" :D Last time I priced that.... it was still free.

-Pace
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

You haven't seen my wifes shoe closet.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
mojo357

Post by mojo357 »

fully machined wrote:Do the math-------best deal is another P-64!!!!!!!
Or just buy a few parts that will likely need replacing in the (hopefully) distant future,
like a firing pin and trigger spring. Get those from the Polish seller on gunbroker and
a spare slide stop spring from Norm on this site.

I lost the tiny (2mm?) flathead machine screw that secures the plunger retainer pin
and after searching online I realized I probably had one around and in minutes
I found one in an old jewelers loupe. I had to snip it down but it's a perfect fit.
And I have a spare in the loupe if I ever lose this one. I've also seen likely candidates
on ebay for about 30 cents each. Or you can buy one on gunbroker from the Florida
dude for $12.