Wolf Spring question

Info, pictures, advice...
Squeezer

Wolf Spring question

Post by Squeezer »

I purchased a Wolf Springs 22lb recoil spring and 17lb hammer spring. I got them installed without any problems. In the same bag with the recoil spring was another spring that is about the same length as the hammer spring, but has a slightly smaller diameter, the coils of it are thinner, and the spring is weaker than the 17lb hammer spring. What is this spring for?
Gary2112

Re: Wolf Spring question

Post by Gary2112 »

It is a replacement spring for the firing pin. It's about 40% stronger from what I'm told. There are tutorial videos here that explain how to change it.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
Nakanokalronin

Post by Nakanokalronin »

Like Gary2112 said, it's a firing pin spring. Wolff includes one with every recoil spring they sell.
lwb64

Post by lwb64 »

The reason for the new firing pin spring is the heavier recoil spring will be propelling the slide forward and a faster rate, so the heavier FP spring will keep the firing pin from hitting the primer. At least that is the way I understand it.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

From the Wolff rep that I talked to, it is not for keeping the firing pin from hitting the primer when slamming forward. It wouldn't make sense as Makarov's, SKS's and such don't have this problem. It is to get the firing pin retracted into the bolt face faster to keep it from dragging the primer during ejection as to keep the firing pin tip from breaking due to the stress.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Squeezer

Post by Squeezer »

Finally got the chance to take my P64 to the range this morning. The wolf springs give it a hair trigger :-o in single action, and double action firing was now do-able with one hand. I haven't made my mind up if I should conceal carry my east german makarov or the P-64, however. Both have things I like about them.
Ward223

Post by Ward223 »

I got my wolf springs in the mail today...got them installed easily with no issues...i got a 20lb recoil spring and an 18lb main/hammer spring. Single action is a little bit lighter I like it. Double action is so much better......easily done, cheap, and very beneficial outcome...
newto9x18
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by newto9x18 »

I purchased 2 different weight recoil springs from Wolff. Does anyone know if the firing pin springs are identical, no matter which weight recoil spring it comes with? I was thinking that all of the Wolff firing pin springs are probably identical, since the firing pin spring weight should have no relationship to the recoil spring weight.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

The firing pin springs from Wolff are the same regardless what pound recoil spring you purchase. All I know is that it is 40% stronger than the factory original from what the representative told me.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF