Does ya slide stick in decock?

Info, pictures, advice...
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

I noticed that mine likes 2 stick/stop 1/4" from the end of travel(wood dat b fool bat tree Norm?). Doesn't matter if it's feeding a bullet or empty w/mag out. There's nuttin' 2 catch w/decocker off. Smooth as silk. Also when decock is on ya have 2 pull the slide back farther than the 1/4" stick point 4 it 2 stick. Basically ya have 2 pull it back far enough 2 cock the trigger. Last but not least when stuck ya can "force" the slide shut by pushin' w/thumb on the slide or ya can gently pull back/down on the cocked hammer ever so slightly n voila the slide unsticks. Now if ya pull the slide all the way back this'll never happen. Ya have 2 be moving slow 2 make it stick. Just curious what ya'll thought it was....

The hammer is still back n seems 2 hang right @ when it starts 2 fall on the decocker. I reckon it's sumpthin' that'll smooth up n clear out w/use. If ya pull the slide back just enuff 2 set the hammer back n let go ya wouldn't even know it'd stick. Maybe I'm makin' a mnt outa molehill.............

When stuck if ya bump the mag well in the palm of ya other hand it'll unstick n slide 4ward...

Come on all ye learnt members. I can see ye tryin 2 make yours stick n slo-mo. Coz if'n your'n don't then I got me a sneakin' 'spicion what/why mine isa doin'/dat..........
Last edited by nicksterdemus on February 8th, 2007, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

Kewl n thanks 4 the reply. @ da risk of sounding/lookin' dumb why would fouling affect da 64 when the decock is applied but not when the decock is off?

Think I found the "prob" as such. When ya apply the decocker it "rolls" metal in front of the firing pin 2 prevent the hammer from making contact. Also on the right side there is an "ear" on the decocker shaft that pushes down on the flat slotted piece that disengages the DA trigger. Would seem the surfaces don't mate well enough 4 my slo-mo trial.
Guess it's time 4 a little polishing..........
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Nickstedumass,

We love to help, but it doesn't help when a poster floods our board with nonsensical, confusing gibberish that wastes time.

If you have a question, just don't be cutesy, and speak plain ENGLISH!
Most of us old timers don't find it entertaining, and it's more like a pain in the a--.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I couldn't get past: "wood dat b fool bat tree Norm"
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

nbender

me ether

maybe NICK doesn't know we have ( spell check )

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
truth

Post by truth »

The nonsensical, confusing, gibberish is "Silly" too!
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

HEY guys! Be nice to Nick, don't tease him bout his grammar... Can't you tell he's a CAJUN!

I like it when he say "nuttin". Reminds me of the cereal commercial "Nuttin Honey"
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

Yeah, and I don't think he's Cajun. I think he comes from Near Oklahoma. He writes just like I talk. Later Don
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

It says he comes from Arkansas (i interpreted that...LOL!) Never heard of an Arkansan Cajun, but I could be wrong... Anyway, Nickster I never noticed a similar problem...and i gather "fool bat tree" = "full battery" ???
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

Kewl 2 1 n all. 4 dem dat don't like my talk let me give ya a tad bit of advice. Stay off my posts then ya won't go gettin' ya drawers ina wad. 'Taint that hard 2 understand 4 me n I ain't tellin' youse how 2 go 'bout talkin' now. I dun figger'd it out on my own n thought I'd share 4 dem dat cares. Seein' how I stands 4 half a century on this rock I shore ain't gonna take no lip from young uns or old uns. Go 'head n call 'em like ya see 'em but if ya can't read by now don't 'spect me 2 take da time 2 school ya.

Floodin' what board? If this board was a crick da mudbugs wooda done left long time go I tell you what. Stan I done made it a rule not 2 get in2 a mental scrap w/unarmed man but da next time ya happen along a jackass pullin' a plow you ponder on that n rush on home n take a good long look in da mirror so you don't 4get what 1 looks like.
I am all 2 famliar w/spell check but don't ya get tired of homogonized white bread all da time? Well doggies what's wrong w/spicin' it up a bit? I can assure ya if we was talkin' in person that I ain't about 2 talk like ya. Wouldn't even want 2 but that's not a slight agin ya.
It may well seem nonsensical, gibberish or silly 2 ya but you can take this 2 da bank that it ain't 2 me. Confusin' is just havin' 2 look @ sumpthin' in a different light/angle makin' ya ole noodle twist n turn from what it's used 2 n that's good exercise. Ya don't have 2 tip me 4 the journey but it wouldn't kill ya 2 be a might appreciative of the local color.
I ride my scooter 2 QueenWilhelmena n from time 2 time slip over da border 2 da StateLine Tavern. The good half w/pool table is in Rkinsaw but the better beer pourin' side done in Okiehoma.
Full batery is correct. Se dat wernt no harder n fallin' off a log.
It ain't nuttin' but a thang n phonics. Get hooked on dat brothers.
Field strip n take da recoil spring plum out. Put da slide back on, decock on, slide back n then ease 'er 4ward. If'n she snags 'bout 1/4" from fool bat tree then ya done got da same thang n if'n it don't ya don't..............................
truth

Post by truth »

Boy, Oh Boy, The Truth, will sure as hell, set you free... and sometimes the trip don't cost a damn thing?!?!!
stibnite

Post by stibnite »

FWIW, my 1972 exhibits the same behavior, er, if I understood Nick clearly.

I don't like to rack the slide when the decocker is "down", I feel like it is exercising the safety mechanism unnecessarily. However, out of habit I always check the chamber when I drop the mag out, and if the decocker is down, it always sticks at the end and needs a little nudge to put it into full battery.

I figure it's just the extra effort for the slide to drop the hammer down again.

udder den dat, eye jes doan knoa.

stib
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

About having your posts ignored: there will be a large segment who won't spend the time to try to decipher that gobbleygook. You may pick up a few followers who think that it's cute.

There was a poster on Gunboards years ago who did something similar. He had worked in communications, in the Air Force if I remember, and he wrote in a really painfull shorthand. He loved 9x18, he was a good guy, but it got so tiresome to try to decipher his stuff that people started getting annoyed and tried to get him to write normally. He countered by trying to teach us his shorthand - while using shorthand. He wouldn't, or couldn't, write normally, the flames rose higher, and he hasn't been back for years.

Anyway, like I said, don't take offense if some won't read your stuff because you want to, for whatever reason, write like that, but there are people who just won't devote their time to deciphering that lingo. If you want to interact with everyone you can write plainer, or if you just want to act ... your choice either way. I don't take offense, please don't take offense at what I write.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Do we have a SPAM button for Nickerdamus and Truth?