The State of the Union and Ground Hog day

Info, pictures, advice...
surfzombie

The State of the Union and Ground Hog day

Post by surfzombie »

In the coming new year, 2012, Groundhog Day and the State of the Union address will occur on the same day. This is an ironic juxtaposition of events.
One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to an insignificant creature of little intelligence for prognostication.... The other involves a groundhog. :D
Donzi

Re: The State of the Union and Ground Hog day

Post by Donzi »

I'd think that comment would be considered tasteless even out there in fly-over country. JMHO, of course.
Donzi
"Jeez, Tommy, don't you believe in anything?
Yeah, I believe in ammo. As much as I can carry."
joel6180

Post by joel6180 »

Groundhog day is Feb. 2nd, every year. Last night was the State of the Union. One thing I like about this forum is the lack of political talk. I hope this kind of post will be rare. Joel
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

joel6180 wrote:Groundhog day is Feb. 2nd, every year. Last night was the State of the Union. One thing I like about this forum is the lack of political talk. I hope this kind of post will be rare. Joel
Apparently the last two posters don't have a sense of humor. I got some pretty funny comments of FB and other forums. You have the screw in to tight. Please loosen it! LOL :lol:
joel6180

Post by joel6180 »

I love guns. Some gun forums talk about guns, some talk about anything under the sun. All I'm saying is that the forums that talk about guns are few and far between, and most have a way for the reader to avoid the non-gun talk. "General P-64 Discussion" sounds like gun talk, so when I open the thread, and find something I didn't want to read, I'm surprised and disappointed. Most of the forums certainly lean one way on this kind of talk, so when I find one that seems neutral, or at least gun oriented, I want it to stay that way. Thanks for your understanding. Joel
old mike

Post by old mike »

I totally agree Joel. Thanks for your comments. Mike
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

Ditto. More talk about guns and less Bravo Sierra please. Politics is the bane of society.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Humor is one thing but posting about political situations be it humor or opinions has no place on a gun board, probably so on Facebook and other similar sites, but not here on "The Unofficial P-64 Resource" site. I have seen in the past were on some gun boards political and religions opinions were allowed to be expressed and things got out of hand to the point of flames were abound; so in the future please lets keep our comments related to guns and items associated with guns, and leave the political issues/humor alone on this site.

Thanks

Papabear
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

papabear wrote:Humor is one thing but posting about political situations be it humor or opinions has no place on a gun board, probably so on Facebook and other similar sites, but not here on "The Unofficial P-64 Resource" site. I have seen in the past were on some gun boards political and religions opinions were allowed to be expressed and things got out of hand to the point of flames were abound; so in the future please lets keep our comments related to guns and items associated with guns, and leave the political issues/humor alone on this site.

Thanks

Papabear
YUP
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

I agree totally. I live near DC & get lots more of this #$@%%+ in my daily diet as it is. I REALLY don't want to hear
"Jeez, Tommy, don't you believe in anything?
Yeah, I believe in ammo. As much as I can carry."
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I wanted to sit back but this is ridiculous. I don't see what the big deal is. He merely put a funny comment correlating the 2 events together in an attempt at satire. No sense in chewing him out over it. FWIW Surf, I wasn't offended or upset about it I DID laugh when I read it. I guess don't make a habit of it... :P There have been other cases of nonsense on here that no one fretted over.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Laugh hard and often, there's not enough of that around these days.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary