Got a P-64 yesterday

Info, pictures, advice...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Got a P-64 yesterday

Post by himmel »

To return to this subject--I was talking to my pastor about guns, mentioned this forum and the "do you carry in church?" thread.. He said, "Why was there a discussion on that? Does someone have a problem with carrying in church? the way things are today, If I get my permit, I'll be carrying one..." I've been carrying ever since...LOL! Here, the "owners" (deacons? trustees? pastor?) can prohibit in-church carry by posting a sign, but otherwise it's OK..

Got a P-64 yesterday

Post by 8080 »

Magicdoc I was oblivious to any anti c.c.w. laws while in a church. I will look into it for Arizona. Something to think about!......80-80
redfestiva

Got a P-64 yesterday

Post by redfestiva »

In Ohio a CCW holder cannot carry in any church unless he has prior permission to do so from the pastor or equivilent.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Got a P-64 yesterday

Post by anjdrifter »

ok I got another p-64 and a PA63 today and decided it was a perfect time to conduct an experiment.
before going into that I would comment the PA63 was really nice condition, the 64 was a 73 with the trianglular hammer and was a little disappointed in the condition Guess the posting about bottom of barrel might have some truth to it. got it SOG who I always do business with and will still. but still love any 64 that needs a home.
OK here is what I did today. Right out of the box after making sure all parts were there and barrel clear and etc . I ran 50 rounds winchester 95 grn thru it. did a lot of da it was a real bear I mean real bear. Took it home (only 10 minutes from range) cleaned the heck out of it with gun cleaner then oiled it up with break free(Did not field strip) back to the range it was now managable,not great but managable. I tried this after the postings here of late about really cleaning. I plan to now field strip this sucker down and really do a good job. It worked out for the other 2 64s already. PS did same with 63 and had same results.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Got a P-64 yesterday

Post by duggi60 »

ANJDRIFTER -- congrags on your new pistols & make sure you
clean those mags, they can be very dirty inside & need very light
lube as I found out with some surplus mags recently.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Got a P-64 yesterday

Post by anjdrifter »

Thanks you are right the mags ( I still want to call them clips)they
were bad bad bad. really took a lot of cleaner to stop that brown oooz and some kind of grainy stuff from reappearing.