New Guy

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

New Guy

Post by Ketchman »

Howdy all,

Been lurking around this site on and off for the last few months, checking on what everybody has to say about these cool little pistols. I owned a PA-63 for quite awhile and liked it very much. But I thought the P-64 would be too small to handle recoil well so I did not buy one 4 years ago when I had the chance at $115.00. (dumb!) but I finally bought one 2 months ago and I love it! I have replaced the trigger spring with a 17lb unit (no problem with mags falling out), the recoil spring with a 20lb (22lb on the way) and a new firing pin spring as recommended. Got 2 extra mags from SOG (17.95 each right now) and am going to be replacing the front sight with a fiber optic shotgun bead front sight and reshaping the rear sight blade to match the rear sight channel, an idea I picked up from another owner on this site. The feed ramp has been polished and it eats everything. I have carried this almost every day since I bought it. use an Uncle Mikes IWB #1 and it works really great. Should be easy to conceal even when it gets hotter than blazes here in Wyoming! And I will be ordering Marshchall grips soon. I really appreciate this site and you guys. As soon as I figure out how to use Photo Bucket I will post before and after pics. :mrgreen:

Inspiration: The momentary cessation of stupidity.

"The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there."
Jeff Cooper
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
JSandi

Re: New Guy

Post by JSandi »

I just ordered two of those mags from SOG too... beats the $24.95 another site is asking for them.

Saw one on GB for 29.99 the other day as well...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum bro.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

Looking forward to seeing pics of the sights when you get a chance.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.