P-64 importation slowing down?

Info, pictures, advice...
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

I just bought a 1971 from SOG through my distributor. I did an "inside job" hand pick. My FFL has a friend there. They sent the best pre-72 round hammer they had. The finish was badly scratched although it appeared to be unissued with a bright bore. My first one was collectors grade with 100% blue. I wonder if this is a sign that imports of this little gem are going to go the way of the Bulgie Mak? Seems like SOG is scraping the bottom of the barrel...
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Could be. I have one on the way that is called "mint". We will see.
BTW,
At the last Knoxville gun show, CZ52s were going for 199.00/200.00, and they sold. P-64s were 175.00 with one mag.
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

Did the 52s come w/2mags n holster? I'm guessin' the were blue dipped...........
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Blue ones, but I didn't see any holsters or extra mags. They may have had them under the table.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

This is what mine came with - the grips that I had before I had the gun
its black parkerizd
got it from http://www.ssmedwi.com/Pistols%20page%202.htm

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I have the parkerized finished waiting forgrips from dennis.
I like Norms..
Just got a call from a friend on the eastern shore of Va. he is always is hearing about how i love my p 64 . well he found one at a gunshop down there was ready to buy till he tried DA. (I like it now and am use to it) any way he got a P63 instead .the p64 went for 185.00 the p63 was 220.00 but they were there and the shop has to make a living..
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

Grey Fox, is yours from SOG? Do you know if it is a pre '72? I requested a round hammer. Could be they have nicer ones with newer pointy hammer. anjdrifter- the DA trigger pull is an aquired taste. As I have ranted about the Pols did that for a reason. I feel MORE confident with the heavy DA pull as a "safety net" against an unintentional discharge. I know after the first shot the rest will be smooth as butter. It all how you look at it. I would never modify my spring unless it was an engineered plug-n-play from Wolff.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Yes mine is from SOG, but I don't know what year it is. The 1976 I have is mint, so is the PD-63. I will get the new P-64 about wed, I'll let you know what year and hammer then. I can shoot the hard DA, but I,m use to cocking it now (unless I didn't have time). I think the P-64s are great ccw weapons. Of course mindset is number 1..
Last edited by grayfox on February 5th, 2007, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

Both of the 1s I got from SOG were 74 w/big hammer & straight grips. 1 was real nice though not mint. The other one I sent back n the replacement still had to have the trigger face smoothed, polished n cold blued. It had marks on the frame from the slide but not as bad as the 1 I sent back. Gun show in town this weekend so I'm gonna wait n see what's there. Good lookin 52 there Norm. Mine's gray but not as slick as yours.............

I'd pay $175 4 a slick 64. After shipping n dealer transfer that's 'bout what I had in 1 sight unseen. YMMV.........
Last edited by nicksterdemus on February 5th, 2007, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

My first two came with the black parkerized referb job, originals were in a gray parkerized, they came with two mags each and two original holsters, dated 54' got both for $125 each OTD at a show here in W.Ky about two years ago.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

Slick PapaBear mines a 53 but it ain't near as good lookin as yours...............
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Papabear
Nice looking cz's

mine is a 54 also

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
qarlo

Post by qarlo »

Mine was manufactured in '73 and only came with (1) magazine. While I was on duty on Sunday my father went to a gunshow and picked us both up [since we both have P-64s] a single magazine, but almost no one had them at the gun show. Seems the only guy that had any wanted $35.00 a piece for them. I keep hearing that a brand new CZAK comes with (2) magazines but the few gun stores I've seen here locally that carries them only sell the pistol with one magazine. I want at least (5) mags + the one in the gun for any pistol I have and it seems that finding mags and other accessories are indeed a bitch to find.

After deciding I wasn't going to carry the P-64 as a duty side arm due to the shorter handle than I was used to, it occured to me that I didn't have a mag in the magazine well, thus once I tried it that way, it's indeed perfect and I want to carry it over the M1911 I carry... only finding parts, accessories and magazines is ridiculously hard to find. I certainly hope importation of this great little gem I've just discovered isn't going the way of the do do bird.
:'(
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

For parts may I suggest a spare 64. SOG was sellin' xtra mags @ $10.

There are a lot of "deals" @ gunshows.....Most of 'em are deals 4 the vendors..........
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

Papabear,

Those are amongst the nicest CZ-52's I've seen yet! I recognize the gray and white grips as Zeeborg's, I am assuming. I wish he was still 'exporting' those. Where did you get those wood grips? What type of wood are they?

Thanks.