P-64 importation slowing down?

Info, pictures, advice...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Norm,

I really like your CZ52 grips, and thanks for sharing them with us, and may I ask what type wood is that?

devlinfuast,

Those are Burled Cherry that a friend made for me some time back, I don't know if he makes them anymore, I can try to contact him and see if he is making them any more, at the time all he was making were grips for CZ52's, that was the only pistol he had to go by, I think he mainly did rifle stocks that people brought him, but he didn't or wouldn't accept pistol's through the mail. but I'll try to get hold of him. Here is another pic of the Burled Cherry grips, IMO it is beautiful wood. Oh, he maded them a tad thicker for me so I could get a better grip on the CZ52.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Grips can change the whole look on a gun. Kinda like a new hairdo for the Ms. ;D
Last edited by grayfox on February 6th, 2007, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
qarlo

Post by qarlo »

For parts may I suggest a spare 64. SOG was sellin' xtra mags @ $10.

There are a lot of "deals" @ gunshows.....Most of 'em are deals 4 the vendors..........
WOW. I'd love to find me some $10.00 spare magazines for my P-64 locally or in the greater surrounding community area here in SATX. I've been to every major gun store and no one has any. And the gun shows rarely have anything, and if they do it's someone who wants $35.00 + USD for (1) mag. I did a google search for CZAK mags and see that a company that is manufacturing mags for Springfield Armory is apparently making brand spanking *new* ones specifically for the P-64 @ $19.99 a pop. I'm thinking about looking into that, but $10.00 would be darned nice too, of course before S&H.

Guess I'll have to keep looking around is all.

Papabear
...man I just drained into my boots with that pic.
I've fallen in love. Those grips make her look all
the more enticing indeed.
Thumbs Up Papabear!
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

OK wow Dennis does it again,just got em 10 minutes ago

Last edited by anjdrifter on February 6th, 2007, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

see above post
besides being beautiful the thing I didnt expect was how they were slightly formed for a great feel.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

AL

Those grips look great
and you say it feels good too,I might have to order me a pair

but then I'd probably have to buy another CZ-52
wonder how they would look on a hard chrome CZ-52

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on February 6th, 2007, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

hey they would look good on anything now if you get a hard chrome and post you are going to cost me money i can see the chrome now eeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
they are steamed wattle with red shellac stain.
Last edited by anjdrifter on February 6th, 2007, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

AL
right now I'm working on a MARTINI 303 so I don't have any extra funds right now but maybe later

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on February 6th, 2007, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

Papabear,

Thanks for sharing those grips on the CZ-52. I liked the ones from Zee, and you can't beat the price he had on them. Unfortunately, he who procastinates (me) is lost. Those cherry grips are amongst the slickest I've ever seen on Mr. CZ-52! Must've cost you an arm and a leg.

Thanks for putting these on the board. It's always great to learn what variations there are out there and the creative after-market stuff that are available for P-64's, Maks, CZ-52's, etc.
kempin

Post by kempin »

Martini 303

That sounds interesting, Norm. Getting quite a bit off of the p-64 subject, but I'd love to hear a little about that project.

-Kempin
brigade

Post by brigade »

I haven't heard of anything that leeds me to think there is any slowing down of importation as is the situation with the maks. I do know that the P-64's I have ordered from SOG are not as nice as the ones I ordered from RSR Group. I just got 5 today and they are really nice. I would suggest to anyone who is wanting to keep the gun for a long time to have two incase you need to use one for a parts gun.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Papabear,

Thanks for sharing those grips on the CZ-52. Those cherry grips are amongst the slickest I've ever seen on Mr. CZ-52! Must've cost you an arm and a leg.
devlinfaust,

After I got my first set from him I immediately ask for another set, before I was done I had 5 sets of his CZ52 grips, and the average cost on all 5 was $25 ea. Ash, Burled Cherry, Hard Rock Maple, Calif, Claro Walnut and Red Oak. I miss em!!!

Here is my other CZ52 with the Feathered Hard Rock Maple stocks.

Click on to enlarge

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on February 7th, 2007, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

Papabear,

I think you got a really significant bargain. I wouldn't doubt that those grips for about $25 doubled the fair value of your CZ-52! I might still like the burled cherry best, but I also like that hard maple. Both of 'em look truly first rate!

Thanks again for sharing this with us. It gives lots of ideas, like maybe seeing if a set of those could be made for the P-64, as well. As far as that goes, I don't have a thing in my collection that couldn't benefit from a set of grips like those!