Site paint -- anyone tried SiteGlo ?

Info, pictures, advice...
Nutnspecial

Site paint -- anyone tried SiteGlo ?

Post by Nutnspecial »

Hello all. Was looking for pictures of painted sites on the P-64 and have seen some, but was wondering if anyone has had experience with SiteGlo from http://www.siteglo.com/applications.html
According to their instructions, they say it is very permanent! (see: http://www.siteglo.com/SiteGlo-Installa ... ctions.pdf)

I don't own a P-64 yet, but after researching for over 6 months on other CC options, from the Bodyguard 380 to the Kel-Tec PF-9, I stumbled across this site after seeing C&R offerings that are available. I've come to the conclusion that the P-64 is probably one of the best, robust and well thought out designs since the Walther PPK. As well as having a decade of a proven track record. The P-64 will definitely be my choice in the first firearm that I've had in over 15 years, my last being a Glock 19. While giving pause in respect to the availability of the 9x18 Makarov, I'm glad to know that round is still going strong! Albeit, not available at my local Wal-Mart. I see that Hornady is making their FTX Critical Defense in this chambering! Although pricey, (as is their entire line of critical defense), this option remains. :D

Nonetheless, I sure am glad I found this site!! The wealth of information here is "priceless"! I applaud the creator if this site and all it's contributors. It's quite refreshing to see no one here is "flaming" others, which happens on most "other" gun forums. :cry:

Thank you for your time, and if you have pics of UN-painted P-64 sights, I'd like to see those as well! (macro shots preferred, rear site, front site, in 2 separate photos) :) I can't find any close-ups on Google. :|

....next thought....Crimson Trace Laser Grips? Probably NEVER from CT, but? Walther PPK/S or Bersa Thunder 380... and a Dremal tool?? I'll bet UR laughing now! :evilgrin:

Happy Holidays,
-Pace
New Orleans, LA (don't go out at night here!) :shock:

PS: Don't laugh too hard at my Avatar. I really do want a m1895 that points in the correct direction. :wink:
fully machined

Re: Site paint -- anyone tried SiteGlo ?

Post by fully machined »

Trying to post just one.
P64 013.jpg
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

That stuff looks cool and i may eventually by some bit if you want something quick and super inexpensive. Just go get a bottle of white out or typewriter correction fluid. You can buy it almost anywhere. I have even seen it in the dollar stores. Works great for day shooting and washes right off with water or gun cleaner in case you mess it up putting it on or you decide to sell your pistol
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

My question is how long does it glo in no light conditions and if it is in your holster all day and you go into a no light room does it glow at all?

It says you can charge it for 30 secs with a a flashlight.

Who has time to do that in a confrontation?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

fully machined wrote:Trying to post just one.
P64 013.jpg

WOW! Tiny dots CAN be painted well!

Makes it so much easier to see :)
Last edited by Nutnspecial on December 13th, 2011, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

That is some really nice pics.

Having had cataract surgery here..... the up close stuff is much tougher then when younger.