Concealed Carry

Info, pictures, advice...
tsvideopro

Concealed Carry

Post by tsvideopro »

Being from Wisconsin, we just won concealed carry in our state as of November 1, 2011. I think the P 64 is a great choice for this purpose. Anybody else out there using this gun for that purpose as well? I am planning to alternate between the Radom and my 25 Beretta.
stover

Re: Concealed Carry

Post by stover »

Carried a P64 for about a year, it is an awesome CCW gun.
KINGWC

Post by KINGWC »

I have carried mine for about two months and as Stover said it's a great, reliable concealed carry weapon.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Carried mine for a few months off and on. I typically use it with an ankler holster that I designed for it. Pretty comfortable that way. I'm glad folks are winning their states over.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

As a cheap, reliable carry gun, the P64 is excellent. It'll hide under any tshirt with a basic IWB holster, and the edges are rounded enough to not print.

Compared to modern pistols... you could have a Kahr, Kel-Tec, Taurus, Sig, Beretta or others with the capacity for 7rds of 9mm... but you're also going to pay a lot more for those than for a P64. And the P64 is arguably more rugged than those.

If I'm going to IWB carry and care to spend the time dressing around it, I carry my Springfield EMP. But if I'm going to IWB carry and just want to toss on anything and go quickly, I take one of my P64's lately.
sixgun

Post by sixgun »

I'm carrying mine right now in a kangaroo carry air marshal 2. Not bad and good for just a shirt. If I enter a danger zone I'll unbutton my middle button. Kinda know how a woman fells wearing a bra. It's been a few months now and my wife don't know. She has hugged and touched me many times and hasn't found it on me yet.
tsvideopro

Post by tsvideopro »

I thank all of you who took the time to answer this question on the P 64 as a concealed carry gun. I appreciate it. I did not think I would get as many responses. This site is obviously filled with great people! I have disassembled and given a good cleaning to mine and want to take it out to the range to test it out in the next week or two. I am really looking forward to firing it. I'll have to post my experience with it then.
Again, thank all of you for your helpful info.
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

Oh, since you already own one, have you done the spring swap? The DA trigger is awful until you swap in a new hammer spring. The 18lb hammer spring severely fixed the DA trigger of my 64's, and didn't affect functionality.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

I carry my P64 pretty much all the time.
On occasion I will carry my Sig Pro 2022.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

I carried so many years open that when we (Texas) went to concealed carry (about 1995 I guess) it was rather awkward.
When in suit or blue jeans I carry IWB. Usually my CZ82 but sometimes one of my P64's. Here I have every Glock/S&W/XD known to man and I carry MilSurp :)
When in shorts I carry my S&W .380 Bodyguard in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster.
At the beach in a fanny type thing.
In the shower a shoulder holster of course. :hi:
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Ditto what the other posters have said. I bought mine a couple months ago, ran a couple hundred rounds through it to make sure it was reliable, did the spring swap, and now it is my every day carry. I carry primarily IWB so this is an easy weapon to conceal, it is not heavy, has rounded edges, and is pretty much good to go from the box. What no one else has mentioned, they are accurate as well!
Congragulations Wisconsin for finally waking up! Isn't the only state left to "see the light" Illinois?
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
stover

Post by stover »

tsvideopro
This board does have some of the best people on the net. I've stayed active on the P64 resource forum even though I don't own a P64 anymore. This is the one Forum, I participate on, that I can always count on getting a respectful and well thought out reply, no matter how stupid my question is.
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

[img]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x257 ... 11.jpg[IMG]
This holster, I dug out of my Holster box. It is a Don Hume holster made for a Star Firestar (mm I used to own many years ago. It seems to fit very well and My P64 rides very comfortably in it.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

tdickens, your img tag didn't work as you didn't put the slash (/) before the img on the last bracket.

Here you go.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

tsvideopro wrote:Being from Wisconsin, we just won concealed carry in our state as of November 1, 2011. I think the P 64 is a great choice for this purpose. Anybody else out there using this gun for that purpose as well? I am planning to alternate between the Radom and my 25 Beretta.
My P64 entered my CC rotation as soon as I proved it reliable. I have a few 9x19 in my rotation, and the Luger is a more competent cartridge, no doubt. But I've dressed up my P64 in a set of Marschal grips and it looks very classy. It just has a je ne sais quoi to it that has made it my Sunday "dressed up go'n to meet'n" gun.

Now that cooler weather and heavier clothing is coming, my CZ52 has come back out of the safe and will be returned to my rotation. It also has that indefinable attraction for me but I haven't found the right gunleather for it to ride Tuckable yet. I have a nice Falco shoulder rig for it, but it makes me look really "thick" when I wear it under a cardigan.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."