New site Member...

Info, pictures, advice...
tdickens

New site Member...

Post by tdickens »

This is my first post here and am happy to be a part.
Ever since the BATFE put the P-64 on the C and R list, I have been very interested in it and read as much about it as I have time. Today the little brown truck should drop off my "new" P-64. I am like a kid at Christmas!

I also went ahead and ordered the replacement springs, since that seems to be the correct thing to do.

I have a CZ82 that I really like and a CZ50 that is great! Size wise the P-64 looks very close to my CZ50, but I like the 9x18 round more than the .32 ACP. Anyway,

When I take posession of my new gem, I will be sure to post. I haven't even recieved my first one and think I should buy a second.
The Only Sarge

Re: New site Member...

Post by The Only Sarge »

Welcome Mr. Dickens. These lil boogers will grow on ya' for sure.
Dont you just love to see that lil brown truck pulling onto your road :)
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

Unfortunately, I didn't make it home in time for the first delivery attempt! yikes. I will try again tomorrow.
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

I have the same problem...just call UPS & have them hold the package for you & you can pick it up at their hub. That is what I have found easiest. The hard thing is getting the sticky on the door & knowing that your new gun is unavailable until tomorrow! I don't understand how people that live in states with a cooling off period do it!
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

I decided to have UPS hold it for me at their customer sevice center. Hopefully I can get there tuesday.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Or you can dig a big hole in front of your front door....cover it with cardboard.....and when you get home the UPS guy will be patiently waiting for you.
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

I truly needed a good Laugh today! Thanks Sarge!
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

I took possesion of my "new to me" P64!!

Made in 1970, it showed a little blueing (holster) wear, but looks like it was
never or very little shot. I will change that, soon enough! :D

I have confidence that when I change out the springs and give this new baby a whirl that it will be one of, if not the favorite C and R gun in my small but growing collection.

My pistol has a rounded hammer, which I like. I did find that along with the impossible double action trigger pull, it was very difficult to rack the slide. I think the change in springs will help that out. I will let you know!

I know I am just repeating what others have said before, but I am excited!

I think this pistol is totally COOL!
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

It gets smoother when you take it apart and soak it in mineral spirits. The springs help a lot of course.....but I have found the cleaning makes it run so much smoother.
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

Well, I took it apart and it looked dry as a bone. very little if any oil or cosmoline.

I first tried the 17 pound spring and it seemed scary light. Didn't seem that the hammer would have enoough force to set off primers reliably. I did not test it, but, that was my opinion from what I saw.

I then went to the 18 pound spring I ordered. I had a devil of a time installing that spring. It fought me and almost won :? But I conquered the little bugger. I put some oil on a few strategic places and put it together.

I like it!! More later.