forgot how much fun

Info, pictures, advice...
6x6pinz

forgot how much fun

Post by 6x6pinz »

I forgot how much fun these little jewels are to shoot. I did not realize it had been so long since I took one of my 64s to the range. A buddy of mine knew how much I liked mine and was looking at getting a JG 64. We went to the gun club the other day and just as I remembered it shot exceptionally well and very accurate. I know he will be a new owner shortly, even he did real well with it. Funny thing is I still prefer it to the 83. Something about the fit just makes the 64 more accurate in my hands than the 83.
Need to make a note to shoot one more often.
The Only Sarge

Re: forgot how much fun

Post by The Only Sarge »

I think it is important to have a gun that is comfortable and you feel "good" with it when shooting. If ti is difficult, doesn't fit quite right etc. makes for a job shooting versus fun. I agree.
Docmow1

Post by Docmow1 »

I put 2 magazines through my P64 at least twice per week. I'm a lucky guy, as my range is 20 yards out my back door! Everyone in my family shoots - 4 sons and my wife. My 64 is a snappy little thing and has become my favorite recently. I just bought one for my 3rd kid - he's 21 and taking a CCW class right now. He loved mine so much I thought I'd better get him one or I might not be able to find mine!

Glad to hear that you are back shooting it more often!
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." -Unknown
BlitzPig

Post by BlitzPig »

I put 50 rounds through mine yesterday.

That's about all I can stand. My hands are not "meaty" in the least and the recoil is just too painful for more than 50, especially with Silver Bear ammo, as that seems more snappy than the Brown Bear. They web of my firing hand hurt for about an hour afterward and there was some slight topical bleeding.

The P64 is the essence of the typical old school European side arm. As much a symbol of power, as an actual projector of power. Meant to be carried a lot and fired very little. Which is why we have so many in good shape here now.

Still, it's an accurate little bugger and I do enjoy it. And if, God forbid, you do have to use it in a "social" situation, the recoil impulse will be the furthest thing from you mind.
A conquering army on the border will not be stopped by eloquence. Otto von Bismarck